1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite Superbikes - Where Has He Gone...?

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by Bullitt, Apr 29, 2016.

1. As the title states, have the been closed down?

I know he had issues with the way he was describing some of the stuff he was selling, but it was easy to see through it and barter him down. I never had any issues with the stuff I got from them.

Any ideas..?

2. Oh no, what a miss he'll be. :Meh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. He probably just got pissed off with e bay like anyone else who has used it for a while?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shame, he had some really great stuff. Hopefully he'll pop up again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. He got some glowing and some damming feedback from forum members? He might of been slaughtered on a few e bay feedbacks and we all know that when your %age drops into low 90's or even worse the high 80's you are done for on e bay? He may open a new account and build his good feedback up again?Years ago I sold a hell of a lot of p/x cheapie cars through my e bay account and had 100% good feedback - which is no mean feat for a car trader who is basically selling old shitters that someone else has had the best out of! It only took two total nauses with totally ridiculous expectations bidding/buying very keenly priced cars under £1000 with full,honest and correct descriptions to put an end to my long run,leave spiteful,untrue lies and my account was done for! I totally lost faith in the whole e bay thing very soon after

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EBay seems very quiet generally for auction parts recently. Maybe it's just the time of year or maybe 'cos I'm searching for 999 not 996 stuff. But seen very few clutch covers and pressure plates and they are very generic.

7. More like ebay got pissed off with him...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ebay are almost always on the buyers side which is a shame for those that are honest yet have to deal with total idiots, thieves, liars etc. I have a business sellers account with eBay but I won't touch them any more because of the way they handle things.

I can see a point where if they don't change things many smaller people will refuse to deal with them in future and sadly we may be the ones to lose out in some cases.

Since I stopped using eBay I must get at least one email a week or more trying to get me to sell on their site and offering me all sorts of discounts and initiatives to put up my products. I just ignore them now.

#8 Red998, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe there aren't anymore 2000 mile, ex collectors bikes to break.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Inspired chap inspired

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. That seat unit is cheap...

12. EBay is pants now.. And with the percentage eBay gets its just ridiculous.

Gumtree on the up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. eBay bought Gumtree in 2005 for "an undisclosed sum"!!!

Gumtree was also exposed in 2005 and 2008 for being the subject of use by various scammers using scams similar to those that have featured on Craigslist, mostly revolving around fake deposits and references for flats being advertised for rent or sale.

They work the overall market differently by allowing businesses to advertise on their site for a fee which in some cases will will\could lead back to eBay business sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. :pensive:

Did I mention Gumtree pants :kissingsmiling:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I have his email if you want it mate?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Some interesting comments there.

As in personal e-mail? I think I have it too. Sure, fire it over via PM. I'm always on the lookout for good used **6/8 & 748 era parts.

Cheers!

17. Been on eBay for way over 10 years, sold more shit than I care to remember. I think I have had on 2 neg feed backs and both were by people that should not buy preloved items off ebay. But that was years ago

I only ever sell cars on classified ads and other stuff is only ever on a buy it now. I dont mess with auctions.

My only eBay complain is the fees.

18. I agree fees are stupid, so only buy from ebay now.

are you going to list items on the for sale section here then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Looks like he's back to me. :Watching: I'd recognise that BST carbon swing arm from a show bike with a manky sprocket; anywhere !

Lots of parts from 0 mile show bikes. :Hilarious:

battlethrough1 on eBay

Do Not Sell My Personal Information