1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Enduro Gone, Back To S

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Alan Murphy, Oct 20, 2020.

1. After a year and a lot of touring on my 1200S I decided to try a change and go for the 1260 Enduro (better engine and more touring orientated was my thinking)
    Well after 3 months and 1300 miles I’ve traded it for a 1260S Touring.
    The decision was made on my first camping trip on the Enduro - fully loaded and fuelled it was just too big and heavy for me. Felt like the full tank sits that 30 kg too high for me.
    I’m 6’, fit and an experienced rider but it was just too much for me to feel confident “living with it”. DB76B353-C9F4-48BA-84E4-588511FA946D.jpeg
    No slagging the Enduro, just not the right bike for me.
    Got a great deal from Riders Bristol so couldn’t be happier.
    Now onto planning post Covid touring ......

• Like Like x 2
  2. They are a big lump.

3. I had KTM 1090 R adventure, but also too tall for me. No regret to change 1260S, loving it :heart:

4. Another reason to trade was the 4 year warranty and roadside assistance and The piece of mind knowing that if I get locked up abroad Ducati will bail me out!!!!! (See below ) AF441B07-6DF7-4C52-8034-94852B015B51.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
  5. Haha, that’s brilliant!

6. The cover is only for E2.50 ;)

7. What's the tank size on the S? While I agree that the Enduro is a big heavy lump, I'd personally really miss the tank range. I'd like a Pikes Peak with Enduro tank!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 20 litres

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pity - I bloody hate stopping for petrol, and that would really get on my nerves.

10. I find after 200-250 miles I’m happy to rest my cheeks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to stop so often on the Enduro but the weight of all that fuel was an issue.
    Not only is it 30kg but it’s carried much higher.
    Couple that with luggage weight also higher and the equivalent weight on the S feels much more manageable
    The QUOTE="MotoNik, post: 1746607, member: 32623"]What's the tank size on the S? While I agree that the Enduro is a big heavy lump, I'd personally really miss the tank range. I'd like a Pikes Peak with Enduro tank![/QUOTE]

12. Don’t understand you guys. Yes you have a 30 litre tank. Who says you have to fill it to the brim if you don’t have to

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ah, that’s where I was going wrong! Maybe I should have just put 10 litres in and stopped 3 times to “fill up”

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Yeah!...........think how much quicker you'd be with a lighter bike :)

15. And I present to you .........
    The 1260 S !

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. totally agree

Do Not Sell My Personal Information