1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Enduro Tank Removal

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Apr 28, 2019.

1. I thought I would fit the new heated grips since they are supposedly 'plug and play'.
    Getting the grips on is the easy bit, trying to get to the connectors is best described as 'a right b@st@rd'.
    I managed to get to the throttle connector and rhs heated grip one in, but can't get to the left one.
    No choice, tank has to come off.

Has anyone else removed their tank ?
    There are what look like a pair of screw taps at the lower points of the tank. I assume these are balance pipes between the two sides.. Do I just turn these off and disconnect the hoses or is there a union somewhere I've not seen?
    Also on the top there is another hard plastic hose going to a connector top left of the tank (looks like the pump feed to me). How does this disconnect ?
    I will try to post some pictures in a mo.
    Cheers,
    John.

#1 John W, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. Here are the taps and the hose connector. The plastic ring is loose, but I cant rotate or lift it.

20190428_124919.jpg

20190428_124858.jpg

20190428_124300.jpg

3. Location of the throttle connector. The heated grips one is just below it.

20190428_124403.jpg

4. And here is the left side one. It's just below where the green wire is.

20190428_124323.jpg

5. One final pic, for those contemplating doing the same be aware there is a hidden Allen bolt on the left rear side of the tank cover. You need a long Allen key to get to it.

20190428_125147.jpg

6. Just close see the taps on the link pipe and disconnect one end, both if you’d prefer.
    Th3 hard pipe is indeed the fuel delivery. To disconnect, push down on the connector and pipe, keep the outer ring of the connector depressed and pull the pipe out. It’s fiddly, but don’t force it. If it’s not disconnecting, the hard you pull on the fuel pipe, the tighter it’ll be held.
    Tbh, I’ve done the grips without removing the tank. It’s awkward, but doable. Just swear a lot... I find that helps

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks Nelly, much appreciated.
    Maybe I didn't swear enough :D

Next question for you There is a white connector attached to the socket for the keyless filler. Is this for the satnav feed or the spotlights, or is it the same fuse and doesn't matter?
    I need to get my satnav supply sorted too.

Oh, and another one while I think of it, how does the sensor in the beak disconnect ?
    I couldn't figure that out either, clearly too many beers last night frustrating as hell ;)

8. The spot light connection is down the LH side of the tank where you highlighted the grip connector is. I think the sat nav is the one near the filler cap one. Iirc, it’s simple red and black wires....
    Temp sensor in beak is just awkward... you need to lift both clips either side whilst pulling it out. Three hands helps

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tank now off and all plugged in, thanks nelly. :upyeah::beer:
    Given these are meant to be plug and play, does the dealer need to enable them ?
    If I turn the ignition on but not start the engine pressing the heated grips button does nothing at present.

10. Cool. Glad it’s sorted. Yes, the grips need enabling in SW and that’s a visit to the dealer

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you want a link to the enduro workshop manual @John W ?

Link

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thank you for that, most helpful :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Just another thank you for posting the link GunZ

Do Not Sell My Personal Information