1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enduro Tyres For Touring

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by zorro1, Aug 23, 2017.

1. I was wandering if any members have changed the tyres on their enduro,s and what they have used if not kept to the OEM Scorpions. I have done 3800miles on originals and although there's loads of tread still left they are showing lots of high spots etc. Don't get me wrong the tyres are still fine and have never once given me reason to doubt how good they are plus I only use the bike for touring.

2. Roadtec 01 me; search the multistrada section for tyre threads.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Roadtec 01s for me as well. KTM 1190 rather than a Multi but they're doing the same job. Fantastic tyres.

4. Thanks Guys. Just came back from a trip around The Pecos and noticed a lot of the GS bikes using them . :upyeah:

5. They do a heavy weight version for tourer's but my enduro-rear couldn't fit the HWM version. Although the normal rear 01 is still very good.

6. Not being a dick - but why buy the enduro if you "only use the bike for touring "
    Wouldn't the 17's be better ? What's the upside you see?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bit of soft-roading/gravel tracks in there maybe?

I don't class it as off-roading buy any means but when I go touring in the UK I often head down forest tracks which are hard and dry but loose. Its purely site-seeing not a six day challenge so I'm only trickling along but I've done it on a 17" front wheel and a 19" on my 1190 and the 1190 does it better. Whether its just got a better chassis or whether the larger front wheel gives better steering control I don't know. But I feel more secure on the current bike than I did on the last one despite it being heavier.

Incidentally, the 01s performed fine for sedate dry track riding but the big sipes do get plugged with stones which get flung at the bike when you get back on tarmac.

8. It's a very reasonable question @m@tt; I wanted a ducati with a normal swing arm (rear nut torqued to 160nm instead of 230nm) with a much larger fuel range. My best was 404miles before race-exhaust & since that I've had 370miles requiring 32.95litre of petrol. Plus as I'm a lanky 6'2" the enduro makes me feel on top of the world. Personally mines seen non-roads (fire-roads) but only at gentile speeds & I wouldn't risk the size & top heavy weight of it on a green-lane or proper muddy farm track. I use to do 700+ miles on a good days touring. So this bike means I've only got too fill up once in search of black-gold!

9. Thanks - makes perfect sense now

Do Not Sell My Personal Information