1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Engine Casing Paint Flaking - Covers?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kirky, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I have just noticed a small area where my boot has rubbed engine paint off and nearby the paint is starting to bubble with corrosion. I see R&G do engine covers which I have on my Husqvarna and do a good job. Has anyone tried them out on the Multi?

2. OK I'll be the pioneer then. R&G cover ordered.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Good luck mate!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Before and after:
    Corrosion3.jpg Multi2.jpg Multi3a.jpg

5. Both my last 2 ducati engines had paint peeling on them.

It didn’t really bother me (per se) but it is a bit “chip shop” for a premium product.

6. My bike has also paint flaking but from the LH side under the water pump cover. I searched online and didn't find any covers other than the water pump cover only. Anyone has any info onn other covers that do the trick?

70459458_381538876112669_5914501701276008448_n (1).jpg

7. Pretty sure R&G do these.

8. yes r&g do as do ducabike (conquest racing) isn because the foam backing behind cover holds water

9. meng, wrong thread. Unlike the DVTs the earlier bikes do not have a plastic cover with foam behind it.

Corrosion on these covers is due to stone chips, and a crap base paint coat (if there is one).
    If the factory etch primed the cases in the bigging all would be well, but they dont.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information