1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Engine Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vtwin4fun, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Just looking for recommendations for engine crash bars and ease of fitment.

Cheers

2. The ducati ones are far to close too be recommended from me, unless they've changed.
    [​IMG]
    They look good but my right hand side rubs against the aluminium panel. Which frankly I'm not bothered but it would be an annoyance for lots of people.
    [​IMG]
    The extra indicator is from admore lighting'
    [​IMG]

3. Cheers gunzen, mine isn't the enduro so I wonder whether they would rub on mine. I'll do a bit of searching today to see what options there are and also wait for more suggestions on here.

4. Gunzenbomz, I'm glad you can live with that rubbing the panel, it would annoy the hell out of me. You buy a ~500 quid crash bar and it doesnt have the correct clearance, and fecks up a ~230quid (so not cheap) panel.
    I was going to buy a set of crash bars, and having looked at all of them out there for the enduro, these are by far the better made (pipe joins fully welded, not just in 4 places, stronger front mounting). If they are going to feck the panel they are designed to protect though, it seems a bit pointless :(
    Incidentally, is the tape on your rim edge reflective, or just there to protect from stones/rocks ?

5. Are you looking for Enduro or "standard" model?

I have SW Motech on my Enduro, and can confirm they work very well indeed.

6. I have the Ducati ones and they bent and hit painted panel with just a topple over - maybe the are supposed to be malleable like this :-/
    ... it did mean they were easily straightened though
    Anyway for your consideration

7. Yep the sw motech ones do look substantial. Doesn't sound too good for the Ducati ones of they bend but as you say it may be a design feature so less force is actually taken at the bolts maybe.
    It's for a standard non enduro 1200s

8. Just hit the button on a set of the sw motech crash bars and also the barkbusters. Figure what I've spent is less than a replacement side panel and hand guard/indicator so money well spent I think.
    Looking at a video on how to fit the crash bars they look pretty simple and no need to remove any panels which is always a plus.
    Thanks all for the suggestions and I'll be looking forward to them arriving and getting them fitted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well they were a doddle to fit. No panels to remove and took about an hour all in. Barkbusters look great and feel solid as do the crash bars. No panel interference too. All in all a very happy biker.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information