1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Management Light Question

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by John1098, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Hi gents

Wondering if anyone can help.
    Bike is a 2009 1098 street fighter.
    When the bike has been stopped for 10 minutes or more and you fire it up the engine management light stays on , if you knock it off then restart it again straight away the light goes out and stays out.

When the light is on it runs lumpy and won't rev past 6k but it runs sweet as a nut when the lights out.

Is there away of diagnosing it on the dash and finding a fault code? Or can anyone shed any light on it

2. You should be able to cycle through the dash using the switches on the LH handle bar. It may show the error code while the light is illuminated.

3. Thanks for the reply...

Ok so I've narrowed it down to the exhaust valve. Code EXVL 23.2

But I've took the seat off and the servo functions ok, took the cover off the valve itself on the exhaust and that all nice and free and the spring is working ok.

Is there a way to reset the code on the dash?

4. Oh well it's fixed.

I noticed that when you turn the ignition on, the servo would function in one direction but then wouldn't return, this causing the light to come on.

All I did was remove it, unplug it and re fit it, now when you turn on the ignition it cycles in both directions and no light.

Just call me an expert

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well done........Expert :)

6. Get some copper grease on the spindle. Better still, get it disabled in the ECU and consign the motor and cables to the parts bin.

7. They're generally good candidates for custom mapping anyway because fuelling is often poor, even with the Termi map. In which case get the exhaust valve removed the programme disabled at the same time.

8. can someone explain this in simple English for me? I removed the cable as I put on an after market exhaust. The light is on with the code showing as above. The bike went into a Ducati dealer today for a service and I asked them to re-set that light but they knew not how to do it! What am I missing or more importantly is the dealer missing? cheers...

9. how do you disable it in the ECU ?

10. ECU reflash

11. means absolutely nothing to me thats why I asked for it in plain English but thanks anyway.

12. Basically, you have to get the ECU (the engines computer) reprogrammed (or mapped/flashed). The bits about the exhaust servo will then be disabled or written out of the code altogether.
    The reason your dealer isn't able to fix it with just a reset of the fault codes is that the fault is still there. The ECU is still registering a missing servo and will give a check engine light. You need to have the software altered to get rid of the error.

Hope this helps.

13. means absolutely nothing to me thats why I asked for it in plain English but thanks anyway.
    thats clear now thankyou , who would do this? And sorry to OP for hi jacking this thread but it seemed to be the same issue

14. Is this a question from the Black country?

15. I do not know of any mappers in the UK as I'm from the Netherlands. But this question has been around before I believe, you're bound to find some reputable tuners using the search function.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information