1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Stand

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Jonesy51, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Having just embarked on a complete strip down of my 1098S I’ve found this Forum extremely helpful, many of you have already solved the problems I’m now trying to address -thank you. One such challenge was working on the engine. My “want” was a solution that would enable me to move the engine around easily, work on it and rotate it. I know there are already various solutions proposed and discussed but wanted to share my approach.

After much deliberation I bought a Clark CES560 Engine Stand from Machine Mart for £83.98. It is overkill for this engine but very stable and solid. The challenge was to get the engine mounted in it. A few folks on the forum gave me ideas and contacts to reach to. While I’m quite mechanically minded I don’t have access to welding kit which is what some of the ideas required to fabricate custom parts to bolt to the block, so I wanted off the shelf parts.

In the end I’ve used some M12 Gate Eye fixings and length of M10 threaded stud. The .pdf attached is a step by step build.

The solution is solid and robust and took me an afternoon to build. So whilst it it does the job and I'm not thinking I'll need to do it again on the Ducati I’m a bit OCD and like things right so will look to draw up some parts and have them made so in future it’s a tidier solution - if there are any volunteers out there with the skills who can help out let me know :).

Cheers

Total Project Cost £113;

£83.98 - Engine Stand - (normally £89, they were doing a discount)

£16.26 – M12 Gate Eyes - inc Del (Found them later at Toolstation Prod Code 68602 £11.52 for 4)

£ 2.41 - 10mm Threaded Bar –- Toolstation prod code 86206)

£ 10.00 - Assorted M10 and M12 washers and nuts -
    S1160016 - Copy.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

3. Impressive -well done that man.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information