1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envy.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by finm, Nov 28, 2020.

1. something i dont suffer from. i generally want for nothing, money doesn't really interest or drive me. as long as i have enough to pay this quarters bills with enough left over to pay the next, i'm happy.
    Buuuut. every now and then the wife looks after a croft for a family when they go away for a few days.they are a youngish family and semi retired, he works for the oil industry. so here i am, looking over the sea, i'v just fed their chickens and collected eggs. in a mo i am away to move some sheep (no need btw) then we are out in the polly tunnel. and me and the lad are going for a roart around the beach later n the bikes. love it.
    i wants it. should of tried harder at school. its the only time i get jealous. boo.

• Like Like x 13
  2. No pics of the view? I want to see this Scottish sea and beach!

3. the wifes got hunners. i'm on her computer the now. i will get her to post some up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DSCN6618.JPG

• Like Like x 17
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. I sort of get where you are coming from bro. But being a smallholder or a crofter it is pretty intense if done properly, i cant imagine you would up sticks now and then and hand the reins over to someone else to manage i maybe wrong.
    My grandad lived that lifestyle for the last 50 years of his life a right struggle in the end the family had to intervene and see it through. He was a typical Tory farmer thought he ruled the earth and had a King's fortune poor old bugger died nearly penniless.
    His famous quote was " You bide were you be ", i've used that before on here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. i will post some more pics up later. but there's chores to do and animals need fed. even on a Saturday.
    fuck this shit. cant wait for Monday and a lay in.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. i am pondering my next step. my lease is up in 18months. i have two option's. go large or go self sufficient.

8. As in the motor trade or Crofting ?

9. Or stay as you are?

10. the owner would prefer to sell but will extend the lease for another 5 years. i could buy the place, but have been hanging back to see how everything plays out re you know what.
    stay where i am and invest.
    or, downsize. i kinda like owing jackshit.
    i wouldn't be a crofter as such, happy to help out but it's more the Mrs thing. there are several islands badgering me and the family to move over to and repair their stuff. i can make more working 15hrs a week working from the house than i can doing 60hrs with workshop overheads. (think DG).
    hmm.

• Like Like x 5
  11. more pics. i aint in them and a few the Mrs has taken. she doesent moan about the cost of bikes. mostly cos she knows that i know that cameras aint cheap either.
    duror and kentallen - Bing images

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ain’t that the truth. Andy

#12 Android853sp, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The beach will be covered in snow and there will be icebergs in the sea! ;)

14. I would have thought lad, that statement answers your own question, unless there's something else stopping you ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Are we going see you become a fellow farmer? Few cows to milk perhaps?:thinkingface:

16. 45 extra hrs with the wife, broke :innocent:. she is away feeding something so i can say that
    Baa Baa, oink oink, fuggin cockadoodledoo. noisy barstewards. but as we are staying in our caravan because of covid thankfully no snow or icebergs. its wild out there, a freekin sparrow hawk tried to eat me when i nipped out for a piss earlier too. Jesus suffering ferk.
    awee pic from last night.
    DSCN3278.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. nope. :D
    i could do it part time. like when its dry and the suns out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dread to think what that gadget's for.:eek:.......great photograph.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neptune's Trident !

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TWH.
    i cant tell you what that's short for. not now that rob has made it a featured post thing. and i'v just sussed out why there is yellow paint on the backs of all the lady sheep. :D
    aye, it's nice down here. farmers have big sheds dont they... hmm.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information