1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Essential Mods

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by dhtmbowen, Jun 8, 2013.

1. I'm picking up a Diavel on Wednesday.
    What are your essential mods to do to a Diavel?

2. If it was "essential" then surely it waould be fitted as standard by Ducati? :rolleyes:

3. Let the noise out. That's essential.:upyeah:

4. Pair of dark glasses, lest you be recognised...

5. Are you still under the illusion that your bike can't be made better by freeing yourself from Ducati's build budget ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. From bitter experience levers, handle bars and the water pump are vulnerable to even a stationary drop. Decent bar ends that are a little bit longer like the R&G also protect the wing mirror, crash bungs through the top engine mount which will also protect the water pump. I also wish I had been introduced to film wrap which would have protected the side panel. I haven't experimented with solid foot rests but the standard folding foot rest means the gear lever and brake pedal are vulnerable. For bling depending on budget, the titanium termis with the db eaters out and the little sports screen. The Ducati 7 litre rear seat box is very practical as well. Andy

7. There are "essential" things and non essential/personal preference mods. I just happen to like the original designers ideas on my bike. :smile:

8. Cheapskate :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for all the comments.
    Having now heard the Diavel with the Termignoni full system on - I can't imagine Ducati intended it any other way!
    Day 1 it's going out with a Ventureshield kit on (because I don't like the tank pads) and a Termignoni full system on.

10. Leather saddle bags, highway pegs, sissy bar - open face lid, jeans and sun glasses ... The dude I saw riding a black one like this in London at the weekend looked really cool (he thought).

11. Tassels and leather chaps

12. Ah yes.
    Humour.
    Well done.

13. You think they are joking? :eek:

14. A latte dispenser, satsuma holder and chia seed retainer.

15. Probably not.
    Anyhoo I've just got back from my local rufty - tufty bikers store with my leather chaps, waist - coat and WWII style German helmet. The chaps are EVER so comfy - but a bit drafty - I thought you were supposed to wear something under them butt the nice boy in the shop said there was no need.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information