1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Trackdays, Anyone Been Recently?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Paul55, Jul 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Next week is Portimao with FE. Just wondering if anyone has recently experienced the flying, car hire, hotel, track activity and return to UK.

2. I don't think anyone has run a full euro yet, a few off to do the VDV / Le Mans double header but that's a self travel one, only other one I have seen is Spa, also Portugal is not on the air corridor list so attendees will need to go into 14 days quarantine on their return, also not sure what exemptions there are for the truck drivers, amazed it's going ahead.

3. Well, stillage is loaded and flight is go. Portuguese Covid form is filled out.

4. Good luck getting back.

5. If there's 2 weeks isolation, guess you send someone to collect your bike when it returns.

6. It goes to Mugello after Portimao.... I will be self-isolating in the garage at home.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is with FE. Bike returned within 2 weeks you're having a larff.

8. FE take it from Portimao to Mugello... I don't see it in between.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I know mate I was having a dig. The last time I used them it took them 6 weeks to get my bike back to me!

10. Lets hope you see it in Portimao let alone Mugello. :upyeah::cool:

11. Just got back from Portimao, and it was not a "non-essential" trip.
    There was a Portuguese immigration form to fill in before arrival in Faro, but no one at Faro interested in taking it, so it went in the bin.
    Everyone wears masks in shops, bars, supermarkets, hotels and restaurants. Once outside @ the track, by the pool, at an outdoor table, no masks, everyone cool.
    At the FE briefing day one, one bloke out of 120 put his hand up as a past C-19 case.
    Coming back to the UK today, no one cared less @ Stansted about me and the boys flying in from a "self-quarantine" country like Portugal.
    I will "self-isolate" until I get bored or thirsty.
    Good luck fellas, maybe see you in Mugello FE August 13-16th.

12. Glad it went ok.
    What did you do for travel/track insurance in light of FCO advice?

13. Track insurance (for me BeMoto) was accepted by FE and does not seem to be affected.
    Otherwise I think if FCO says no "non-essential", you are not insured outside your track insurance.

14. Thanks for the intel Paul.

15. You going to Mugello?

16. FE?
    No mate, thought it was full.
    Did you get flights in the end?

17. Yes, used a Ryanair voucher.
    NL still seem to be pushing Mugello August 18th....

18. Pissed off to be missing it, but not worth going for 2 days.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information