1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European Track Day Insurance

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Andy 1198, Nov 25, 2020.

1. I've just booked up a trackday for next year & will need track day insurance, any recommendations & idea of a typical cost for a 3 day event?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2. I’ve always used bemoto

which track is it (may seem like a silly question but some companies are funny about some circuits - Almeria being one of those circuits).

3. Sorry Portimao

4. if the government advise is not to travel still because of cover then UK style companies won't cover your trip ..

NL kinda recommended a company based in barcelona that covered repatriation etc for our last trip to portugal...its on their web site..or if you are using fooked up events then speak with them...

5. Healy will fly you home. He is a Class one pilot.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. As @andyb has said if you are travelling against FCO guidance then none of the mainstream holiday insurers will cover you and none of the usual suspects that we use like Holiday Safe, Bemoto, Bengo etc will offer cover for any accident or injury on circuit as they null and void the whole policy.

For last months Portimao trip we all took out this:

https://rbgsport.com/products/motor...orfait-anual-online-internacional-extranjeros

It is NOT a holiday insurance, the limits aren't huge but it is accepted by NL and will get you on circuit, its an Annual Pass.

One of our members here, I won't name and shame, had an off at Portimao and was ambulanced away and hospital treated, this covered him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I heard it was a Hathaway's truck with blue flashing lights..

8. And it required a full lift....

9. Help me out here, coz don't get it (not that it matters to me anymore). If I do a track day then I wanna do it in the UK. No worries about offs, getting home afterwards, and the good old NHS for free treatment.

If I go to Portugal, I want to roam about and enjoy everything (food, booze, weather, beaches, space, lack of UK Police bar-stewards, etc, etc) Last thing I wanna do is a track day. :expressionless:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I do all of that and more on euros :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Good for you, I enjoy trackdays enough to want to try as many circuits as I can, both in the UK and further afield ... don't forget the knotted hanky for on your head !!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Plenty of the latter next May, 2 week tour from Santander take in plenty that Spain and Portugal have to offer, plus 3 days on track at Portimao, win win as far as I'm concerned ;).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mate, you're doing it wrong, ruining your 2 weeks break in that there europe in your riding kit when you could be on the beach in your union jack shorts and stained vest leering at the local teenagers whilst sipping a can of Estrella ..... pack it in, get that cancelled and head over to TUI and get yourself booked into a nice 600 room hotel with an all you can eat buffet and those beer taps at the edge of the pool, you bring us motorcyclists to shame with your broadening horizons and lofty ambitions ...... pffffft

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Its like a UK track day.......but with sunshine. HTH.

15. And generally vast amounts less shunts

16. Really?? How come they’re funny about Almeria? Anything to do with zero run off everywhere? Over the kerb and your effectively on the moon I suppose.

#17 Mary Hinge, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1

17. Not sure mate. There’s been a bit of an ‘on and off hooohaaaa’ about the whole thing

multiple insurance providers involved. It seems certain insurers won’t insure certain tracks for whatever reason.

its all a bit odd. I think it’s something to do with the types of hospitals from memory

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Almeria - been difficult on and off re insurance. (Pre Covid). Phat Kev, would periodically decide not to accept some insurers, or they'd be a requirement to pre-book the ambulance ride.
    BeMoto, was on the approved list for a bit, then can off.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

19. I’ve heard numerous versions of why and have no idea what’s actually true bud tbh :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information