1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Been Beaten By A Car?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bluehawk, Aug 5, 2018.

1. See plenty bike vs car on YouTube but I had a little giggle tonight as a BMW 530d thought he was competition... for all of 20 secs.

But it got me wondering, have you ever been overtaken by a car in a fair fight and what was it? Anyone gone to Santa Pod for a giggle?

I was passed a few years ago by a Nissan GT-R on the Monster, but wouldn’t have had the puff to get near him in any circumstances.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. I agree... that’s why I only ride on private myself...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes on a road with roundabouts that the car did apparently not have to slow down for, great driver and it was a proper scooby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Thread moved

5. Yeah, GTR's are quick. You'd probably need more than a Monster to tackle that bad boy.

I've got a very fast car and get buzzed by bikes all the time. I can usually spank them but..... a couple of weeks back a pair of power rangers filled my mirrors just as I was leaving a village near me. National speed limit sign. Nice twisty fast road ahead that I know. Chummy boy behind me pulls an impressive wheelie. Game on!!! I floored it and they came at me. Wheelie boy shot past me on a short straight and I could see immediately he was a bloody good rider (rare btw). He was on a white 1198! We hit traffic so he waited for his chum. Then a good straight and we were off again. But his mate wasn't so good and he started going over the white line and messing up corners. Time to back off...
    The guy on the 1198 could ride. He definitely had the measure of me. He couldn't get away from me in the twisties but there was no way I could pass him safely.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mwu ha ha ha ha.....:imp:

7. A white 1198 you say?? :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Yes, y'know a bit like this :laughing::laughing::laughing: Isn't it hilarious :rolleyes:

white1198.png

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I beat bikes all the time in my van, ya wana see the wee feckers peddling as i pass them. Vroom ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You got rid of that old 911 then ?? What'ya buy ?? Come on, spill the news !! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Cars on road have zero chance. Traffic awaits. Besides, it seems like the nobs that do pick on you or wanna have a go are in clio's or something stupid. I wouldnt entertain racing a maclaren P1 on the road or something like that. You'd need to be doing track day speeds and that isnt advisable if you want to live long. A wee bit of mutual fun can be had instead as theyre usually driven by peeps with a bit more sense. So we can both have a bit of laugh. Its the nobs in their hot hatches who think theyre good that are a nuisance and I despatch those with glee. Oh and anything with a BMW badge on it. I hates em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. A lot of truth in this. If things start to get dicey I'll back right off whether I'm on a bike or in a car. Traffic certainly stymies a cars progress in a joust with bikes. But on an open, clear-ish twisty road it can be interesting. 20 years ago the performance gap between bike and car was mu hassive! But it's closed quite a lot now. 600+ horsepower cars are out there and inside a good chassis they can give a bike a run for it's money.

I've been event timed in my car at 3.02 seconds 0-62. That's super bike quick. Ok, 60-130 a bike will murder me. Top speed- the car wins. That's if you get 3 miles of straight tarmac! I'll I'm saying is that it's closer these days....

13. Yes

Lotus 7 think it was on the A6 I was on a Guzzi though

14. When ever I get a a new to me bike I spend the first week abusing the vajazzle out of it so I know what it can and can't do. Most of the time having had bike sports tourers, blackbird, zz14, I know I can do most cars so whether it's smugness or just what's the point? but I tend not to race. Did once with the gixer 750 with a chap in a 911 but you get to a point where it stops being fun and the risk balance starts to look not worth it, so after some fun I backed off and let him get on with it

Silly story and not even me riding. Back in 1981, two buddies had bikes, one a cx650ec and the other had a a rd350lc. Riding from Essex we had to get back to Dartford early that morning as my mates sister who had stayed over, needed to get back to college. We notice the elsie had a slow puncture so I was pillion on that with the feeling if he crashed with his sister on he would get in a lot of trouble form their mum but if he crashed with me on, no one would be bothered.

The m25 was gridlocked so we went through the Blackwall tunnel and sadly ran into 3 lads in a 3.1 gxl older capri. There were traffic lights, then a run, then lights for a couple of miles after the tunnel. The lads revved and revved winding up my elsie rider mate who would then gun it to the next lights and then the same thing happened stop , gun for nearly two miles.

What the 3 lads in the capri saw was the elsie hitting the power band away from the lights, me nearly flipping off the back and my legs going high enough to rest on my mates shoulder, for two effin miles. Unbeknown to me at the time, the rider also saw it happening and had as much fun as the capri people.

If I can describe it on the back, it was like that bucakaroo game happening every few seconds that had me laughing one minute and I'm sure weeing myself the next.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’ve never had any issues with a car. Some of them aren’t far of 0-60 wise, bikes are hard to get off the line though. A lot of these modern cars you can just nail and go

Anything above 8-900 bhp will live with a fast ish bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. i'm with bootsam on this one.......No!

17. Never beaten by a car, but been beaten plenty 'o' times by a stick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Its other bikes that are the most hassle at times. In my case, other fucking ducati's. Coz Ive had two incidents on my old 1198, one was a multistrada who wouldnt get out my way nr Goodwood and I had to hang it out to get past the fat twat. The other a yellow 996 also nr goodwood (who very nearly collected some cyclists in his haste). Look I caught you two up. It wasnt the other way round. I dont want a race, Im doing my own thing. Now fuck off. Thats what annoys me the most. Other twats on bikes who assume coz your riding briskly that you want to race. I dont. I just want to get by and be on my way. I prefer to race myself or my mates whom I trust.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. You wouldn't need that much poke in a well set up car. I said the same as you til a couple of weeks ago when Mr. 1198 spanked my ass. It very much depends on the pilot of said bike/car. A top driver in a very quick car may surprise you one day ;)

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information