1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every Glove Has A Silken Lining

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by chizel, Nov 6, 2017.

1. well mine do now... Bollocks cold on the way to work this morn and my sp air alpine star's ( although not as scant as my summer gloves) are not really winter gloves..
    so on the way home I stopped at infinity's and bought some silk under gloves.
    Tried them for the rest of the journey and so far so great! Wasn't as cold as this morn but it seems £12 well spent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I know they look cack but the only way to keep the cold off where it really counts is by fitting wind deflectors or brush guards or whatever you wanna call em, it's the wind chill factor at speed that's the killer...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Handle bar muffs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. yea like those big up over glove things that the delivery dudes wear...but the do look cack... and ... No they just look cack!!!!
    Im really surprised by the difference in riding a fully faired bike ( s's 748/49) compared to the monster makes with the chill/ wind factor..
    but the under gloves have the same principle and seem to work well.
    suppose to be cold as for the next few days so I'll update!

5. Yeah it's gonna be getting colder this winter too...

BTW you don't have to have those wrap around muff things you put your hand in - just some wind deflector to direct the wind blast over/under your hands instead of straight at them.

@ducati dad once suggested cutting up a coke bottle for a nice quick and cheap ghetto version :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. im all about the ghetto dawg!.... I'll cut up a coke head if it keeps me hands warm... (and his wife)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I wear blue nitride(?) gloves. Keeps the wind chill off.

8. Oh buy heated gloves. They're better than sliced bread. -1 degrees on the LCD display this morning, 40mins on a dual carriageway, and I had to turn them down as my hands were too hot

9. I take the car

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. lightweight....

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I don't go outside

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. your married, there is no need...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. when I say no need, read not allowed to any more

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Yeh, lightweight - I take the Van :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ooooooo silk gloves get you

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Problem is I wear decent race gloves and every pair time I've tried on a pair of heated 'sports style' gloves I've started crying at how much pain and suffering I'd endure in an off if I was wearing them, it's gets embarrassing at a busy show

17. I first started wearing under-gloves at track days.
    My hands were so sweaty, what with the terror and all, that I had trouble getting my bike gloves on and off. I then twigged that the under-gloves kept my hands toasty in the colder weather.

We all get there in the end, via various paths.

• Like Like x 1
  18. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I hate winter gloves and liner gloves. Makes me feel like I’m trying to control the throttle with a pair of boxing gloves on.

I use heated grips and the KTM has wind deflectors. That’s enough for me.

20. another glove-liner person here. Although apart from Monday (which I took the car to get shirts in), it's not been cold enough to need them for the last few trips in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information