1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Evo 2 Software Upgrade

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by V4 Topcat, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Who has had the latest software upgrade for track, slick and rain?

Was it worth it and did you notice any difference as a track day rider?

I have a V4 fully track prepped just added a QA and DDA and am contemplating this but at £500 for something I can’t see and touch I need re assuring!

2. My understanding was that it enabled the RACE A and RACE B modes (as on the Superleggera V4) and that the torque curve, slide control and DTC (amongst other elements) were all tweaked for performance and handling improvements. I believe there is a PDF lurking online somewhere with all the specs, but unless you rode an EVO1 machine against an EVO2, I am not sure how you would discern the difference. I am sure there are plenty of V4 regular trackday members on here who could give you some useful info to help you decide. Android853sp and MaryHinge spring to mind.

3. I have the eco 2 software.

Topolino is describing the Evo 3 software with the A and B thing which is the latest but I don't think it is available as an item to buy separately yet???

Evo 2 is available yes it is better and confidence inspiring...particularly if you run slicks....

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. This ^^

I too have the Evo2 software on my 2018 V4S track bike.

I noticed a huge improvement. And I usually don’t notice bugger all. Basically you can really take the piss with throttle inputs. It works really well. Dunno if you know that long left hander at Valencia? It was worth every penny just for hooning round that corner. Pure electronics, not my skill :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  5. My bad, Got one version ahead of myself there!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The DTC EVO 2 SW package is for bikes pre '21. EVO 3 is for 2021 bikes. Both similar in what they do to the OEM setup but the '21 bikes have a few more settings as standard that are tweaked.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I think I’m going to go for the software upgrade over the winter as had some real fun at Almeria starting to slide the rear in place with traction on 1 although I did have a massive moment on the curbs over the crest into the chicane

8. It’s a great mod but you must remember it won’t trump the laws of physics. The section of track you mention should only be attacked with a new rear tyre. Even then it’s twitchy sphincter time. It’s gonna be messy if you lose it there :astonished:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information