1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Evo Front/rear Tyre

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Coffey, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Hi all, a relative newbie question. Went to the shed the other day and I seem to have a flat rear tyre o_O So i’m assuming i’m going fo need a new one. I have done some seaeching although so many conflicting reports. So I was looking at the M7 RR .... I will be just road riding and only on nice days, altough ‘may’ get caught in a shower! Any advances on that? Also is it best to bite the bullet and change the pair if a different tyre is fitted to the rear than the front? Many thanks, Adam.

2. First off, if the puncture is central and you have a lot of tread left you can get it plugged. This is a personal thing, some garages won’t do it. My mobile tyre man has no issues with them, I’ve had a few down the years and never had a problem. Personal choice though.

Tyre choice is another personal thing, many will choose a brand they like. I’m going to go for those M7’s on my next change, I like the softer feel of the rubber compared to Michelin’s that came with it. I suspect they won’t wear as evenly because of that, I’m
    okay with that though.

Edit: forgot to add, never mix brands. Either change the rear like for like or change both. If the front has loads left then you may as well save money and replace the rear like for like.

3. Thanks for the reply, kind of my thoughs, just had another look, there is plenty of tread on both front and rear so may see about a repair first if it is in the right place. Would be a shame to bin a good one for the sake of it. It has the Dunlop Sportmart 2’s fitted front and rear at present.

4. Get yourself one of these Coffey - i always fix them when i can. Rode around for 2 years once with a plugged tyre (on a Vespa).

http://craftyplugger.com

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was on tour in Italy, on an R1 years ago, got a rear flat, did the plug/glue thing at side of the road, got all the way back to UK and another 2k miles with no fuss or bother. so worth investigating if it can be repaired if you got loads of tread left. Then if you don't like the tyres you've got a ready made reason to change em!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information