1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evotech Frame Sliders

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Will the frame sliders prevent mirror damage if the bike falls over?
    I accidentally dropped the bike thinking the side stand was down and broke my left mirror, really weak mirrors.
    Thinking of getting sliders .

2. Doubtful. The sliders would act as one pivot point still causing the mirrors/hand guards to touch the floor, they’d protect the tank and fairing..I’m surprised the bar ends/hand guards didn’t absorb most of the impact
    To be fair, the mirrors are a relatively cheap sacrificial component.
    The frame sliders are fitted to my tard, I question whether they’d shatter a shin (or worse) in the event of an impact, I keep them for resting my feet on during long journeys.

#2 Andy800, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  3. I have frame sliders and dropped my bike taking it off the paddock stand in a hurry forgetting to put the side stand down. It broke the mirror - so I agree with Andy above. It'll save the rest of the bike though. I've had a few track offs with sliders and on the whole they've worked pretty well at saving the bikes.

4. Bar end sliders would help

5. +1 on this.
    R&G bar end sliders worked really well on my previous bike and I’m getting a set for the hyper now.
    Frame sliders would only save the engine in case of a low side. Mine didn’t even hit the ground on a Dorso when dropped still.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information