1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Evotech Guard

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Just fitted the Evotech guard (under the rad). Lovely bit of kit, it gets rid of that ugly plastic cover, offers good protection, and smooths out the lines from the bottom of the rad down to the sump guard a treat.
    20180720_145041.jpg 20180720_144706.jpg 20180720_144656.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. I had the full set on my DVT, oil cooler/radiator/cylinder guard. They’re beautifully made and look good.

But after 18 months I never noticed any impacts on the cylinder or oil cooler. So on my new DVT I’ve ordered just the main radiator guard.

3. Yes, really well made. For me it's not so much about the protection, It just tidies up that part of the bike and gets rid of the ugly plastic cover.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have the same and your right it finishes it off correctly, I also powder coated my sump bash plate thing in gloss black.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sounds interesting, any pictures?

6. I also have this and did the same but got it anodised satin black, makes it look very tidy...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Evotech do make some excellent products, even if a bit on the expensive side.
    I have fitted the range of three, both the oil & radiator guards as well as the engine guard now, having recently been released, which meant at the time I was looking for them for the 1260, this part wasn't available, so they couldn't be bought as a pack, a potential saving of quite a considerable amount over buying them individually.

That said, the engine guard definitely does tidy up and streamline the lower front end; no-end....
    One area of the bike, that I really have always disliked, now resolved. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Looks good:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Previous owner of my DVT powder coated the silver belly pan to match the black cylinder head guard which looks great. So good in fact that this winter I'll be having the pillion pegs and centre stand bracket (ally) also coated black to match.

10. I also got the exhaust cover and pillion mounts anodised at the same time (see pics above)

11. The evotech is a really nice fit but the silver rad guard looks outa place now, spray it with some black heat paint ?

12. My Dvt below done the same with my 1260, simple red and black colour scheme :)
    48DA8FB3-ED87-4A42-9182-C813E3E313B0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looks good! What about brake pedal and silver part of handguards? Black with added black ;)

14. I currently have the Evotech radiator/oil cooler/cylinder guards on my DVT. But I'm thinking of trading the bike in for a 1260.
    Does anyone know if the guards from the DVT will fit on the 1260?

15. Never really noticed, until you pointed it out just how much the brake pedal stands out, now that’s all I’m seeing!!

16. Yes, at least the rad quart does I fitted mine from my dvt

17. Thanks for that, Nigel. Hopefully they all will.

18. Sorry my bike lives in my kitchen so I get to look it more than most and tend to notice stuff like that!

19. Hi just ordered these parts for my 1260, if you go onto the evotech site you will see the cylinder guard is a different part number, so possibly may not fit.

20. zU%PAVzrQlGZM+aItkqohA.jpg lLHbq51RQO6cxpvTvcbF+A.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information