1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Evotech Parts

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multirider75, Nov 6, 2021.

1. I’ve been chatting with Evotech this week, as I’d like several of their items on my new bike.

They’re going to take a close look at the V4 at the upcoming bike show, but if anyone local to them has a bike they can lend them, they’d use it is a template (no risk to your bike whatsoever), and you’d get some free parts for your bike from them in the process.

Parts I’m waiting for are:

Tail Tidy
    Crash bobbins
    Engine guard (to protect the headers/ front of the engine)
    Brake & clutch levers (as nobody other than Ducati (Rizoma) seem to offer any yet)

Does anyone want to see anything else available, and I’ll drop them another email?

• Like Like x 2
  2. They’re based in Lincolnshire. If I had a V4, it’d be with them tomorrow.

Mine doesn’t arrive until March and I get the feeling I’ll be desperate for a tail tidy and a manifold cover when it arrives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How long would they need one for , and when as mine will be p/x in mid Jan for a PP so Dec may be good as doubt riding dec as off road then.

4. i had email from them this week saying they were developing the tail tidy for the V4. defo want one for the PP can't stand the ugly OEM stuff..........though not as bad as the one on the streetfighter; my mates hung a long vehicle sign on it :confused:

5. A couple of weeks I reckon. Send me a pm if you want to do it, and I’ll get in touch with them.

6. That’s the main thing I want, but I was at my dealer today and they reckoned a tail tidy isn’t possible on the V4, as the radar is calibrated to work from the top of the number plate on the standard tail. I certainly hope there’s a workaround, as I’m not bothered about the radar anyway, as no fucker ever overtakes me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sounds good if it helps , they do make great parts .I have raised mine a bit and no issues with the radar . I feel they can do a work around .

8. I hope they can. Ok, I’ll get in touch with them on Monday. When can you let them have the bike?

9. I will give them a call .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Excellent, thanks.

11. It sounds unlikely, especially when you consider every country has different size reg plates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You can turn the radar off on the settings . So maybe for some you could adapt an existing tidy say of the 1260 with an adaptor plate if the looks override the radar feature. Just an idea I have thought about it as would use when solo and on trips would go back to standard . I’m hopeful Evotech will come up with a good alternative

#12 Captain, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. There is a guy on one of the FB groups who has found that any electronic accessory added must draw the same current as the OEM or DP accessory part otherwise the ECU recognises it as a fault and will shut down.

Still not sure how easy it would be to make a tail tidy work with the rear radar. There are some marks moulded into the rear standard tail indicating the radar area. It would appear R and G tried and failed to make any significant change.

14. Look at the plate holder for the V4 Multi albeit not the PP. It’s separate to the radar sensor.

I’m of the opinion that evotech, who have a reputation of getting things right, will be able to do something that is aesthetically pleasing.

R&G, on the other hand, are less likely to do so based on the products I’ve seen.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I may be wrong but I think the marks are similar to indicators not anything to do with range , more of a marketing thing as I have raised ( via experiment ) the plate and did not affect the radar , just unsure on how to cut back ( with aesthetic results) the rear guard .

16. Called them today to offer my bike , they already have a V4 s in as Ducati lent them one and are in the process of scanning and designing the parts , he said keep your eye out on the web site as moving forward with parts.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Hurrah!

18. Splendid. Thanks for contacting them.

19. No worries , glad they have a bike to work on . Just had my confirmation of the PP , bloody 24 Dec ..........
    Jan for me then , snow , ice lol oh well.

20. That’s some Christmas present!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information