1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Evotech Performance Folding Brake And Clutch Lever Installation ...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by john clelland, Jul 29, 2021.

1. anyone install a set of Evotech Performance brake and clutch folding levers on their 1260? I removed the OEM front brake lever easily enough ... but I'll be damned if I can remove the OEM "plunger" (circled in yellow in Evotech installation manual page, below).

Untitled.jpg

If you successfully removed that OEM plunger, please advise how you managed that, as I tried using
    a blade screwdriver, a small pry bar ... and could not get the lever to open up enough to allow that plunger and barrel to be removed.

and, that other OEM part that is indicated it needs to be removed (the sleeve inside the two parts of the OEM lever) ... that is press fit in, and does not budge at all.

2. Found this a while ago

• Like Like x 2
  3. grazie ... another Multi owner friend up in Vancouver, BC sent me a link to the solution of using two sockets and a hammer ... and punching the sleeve out.

New Evotech Performance folding clutch and brake levers installed ... with much swearing ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Look great, I fitted these to my 959 too (having previously bought the short levers, and not liking them).

As I was fitting them, I found myself hoping they have very high standards of quality control on the bolt that hinges the folding level... o_O

• Like Like x 1

5. indeed ...

6. I knew I had seen a video link on here to remove those pins. Took me an age to find it again :D Thanks guys

Do Not Sell My Personal Information