1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evotech Radiator / Oil Cooler Guards

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Brummie, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Just picked up a Streetfighter V4S - it's a fabulous thing.
    Has anyone fitted the Evotech Radiator Guard Set?
    I've been looking at the installation instructions - 44 stages to dismantle and install,
    38 stages to reassemble :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. That'll keep you busy! Have you seen the video on YT on fitting a full Akra system - looks like you have to take most of the bike to pieces!

3. apparently an 8 hour job........for someone that knows what they are doing

4. Is that the voice of experience???

5. Apparently its a strength knowing your limitations; I just ride them mate, wouldn't dare try and fettle them :D

6. I’ve fitted the top and bottom EP guards, 3 ish hours and lots of skin lost from knuckles.
    I’d blanket/cover over the shocks and panels as you have to jiggle things around and if you don’t want to disconnect hoses will rest rads and fans to the side.

I have the full Akrapovic system on mine, circa 8 hours labour to fit. I let the dealer do it.

#6 outintheopen, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  7. Thanks for that - I'll have a go, not much else on at the moment! The EvoTech instructions could be clearer.:thinkingface:

8. I found it easier following a video some guy put up on YouTube

9. Thanks - I'll have a look.

10. Just fitted mine yesterday, what a pig of a job and I still don’t think they are that secure, especially the top one.
    There is basically nothing holding them in. You press them into the alloy sides of the rad/cooler but they easily pop out while you ‘attempt’ to get the big black plastic surround back on.
    I presumed the surround would be tight against all the rad guards holding them in but it is mainly the bottom edge that is tight against the guard.
    The top can still pop out and that is before it’s been ridden.

Evotech should have had a top bracket that goes over the top of the rads then the bottom held in with the plastic surround.Still look great once on though.

You would think on a naked bike in this day and age Ducati would have a much easier and less complicated way of holding everything together.
    The 748 etc days of doing jobs on your bike are long gone.

E199A138-7D81-478F-92F6-A00278036520.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information