1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evotech Tail Tidy & Led Light

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wull, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I got round to fitting the Evotech tail tidy to the bike yesterday and the LED light that’s supplied doesn’t work. I’ve tried and tested every which way and it doesn’t work.

Has anyone experienced the same issue with the light that’s supplied with the kit?

I’ve sent an email so hopefully I can get another light sent out.

I connected it up red to red, black to black as the wiring is. When that didn’t work I tried it red to black, red to black just in case it wasn’t wired up correctly and nothing.

I tested voltage at the wires and there was 12v. I stuck the probes on the wires on the light side of the connector and there was 12v

I used the diode setting on the multimeter and tested the light and nothing, again I did it red to red etc and then the other way and nothing.

I then applied voltage directly to the light and nothing.

I’m fairly certain it’s gubbed.

2. That’s a shame , I’ve had a few items off evo tech and the after sales service they gave me was top rate , so I’m sure they’ll sort it straightaway

3. Well that was quick. Had a reply this morning asking me to do a few tests, which I had already done so just a quick email to show the proof of purchase and a reply to say the replacement will be posted ASAP.

I’m happy with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. evotech are a quality company, had some issues with levers and they sent out replacement parts straight away

• Like Like x 1
  5. So that was the Monday and the light arrived Tuesday. I’ve yet to fit the light but I bench tested it and it works a treat.

Very impressed with them, and I’m very pleased with the tail tidy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information