1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Exact Fit Timing Belts -

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Exige, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Thanks Stuart, Just PMd you.
    Steve

2. Me too :eyes:

3. :eyes::eyes::eyes::upyeah:

4. Thanks Stu, received the belts this morning...

Cheers
    Paul.

• Like Like x 1
  5. :):upyeah:

6. PM and payment sent via Paypal

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi, a request for a pair of belts (m900) has just been placed and paid for (I think!!!). Thanks!

8. Received and packed ready to post tomorrow 1st Class Signed :):upyeah:

9. Thanks, that’s very quick!!

10. The news was on :):upyeah:

11. Belts arrived, thank you very much!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Hi,
    Which belts for a 2002 748S slab side?.
    Thanks.

13. I guess it's a 2001 late registered?
    Should be TBST4 belts for yours...

14. Morning Stu, there is a bit of a crossover regarding belts for this bike and until the owner checks they could be either the TBST4 or TB996 depending which heads are fitted.
    This was taken from Ducati.ms https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/430217-differences-timing-belts-748s.html
    If you read the link the last two posts tell you how to identify which heads are fitted.
    ( The 02 748 also takes a specific exhaust system. Some 2001 748s have the st4 heads and some 2002 748s have regular superbike heads. It depended on what Ducati had on hand. I am no expert this is just information I have gleaned from this site. My 2001 748 has regular superbike heads. The dealership I purchased it from sold me the st4 belts at my first belt change. When they did not fit I had to argue with them to return them because their parts catalogue said they correct.)

Steve

#134 Birdie, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Cheers Steve, yes Nelly mentioned this - the official parts lists show the TBST4 but some weren’t - I’m guessing the model years changed September time causing some confusion. Don’t think there was a 2002 748S either.
    Thanks for your note!

16. 748s from this period are always an unknown for belts. I never order belts for a 748 without seeing the bikes first unless the owner can positively confirm which heads are fitted. The rocker pin covers are the giveaway.

17. Any photos of the rocker cover difference Derek?

18. [​IMG]
    If you read the link in my previous post, it says that the plate between the rockers has five bolts like the picture on the st4 heads and the normal heads have four fixing bolts.
    [​IMG]
    Normal head.
    Steve

#138 Birdie, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Birdie has just done them for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Great info folks, I'll hold fire on ordering them until I get the bike on the ramp.
    It's a 748 I bought to use in the States then shipped over, so checking which head is a good thing to do., it seems it could be either one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information