1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Exact Fit Timing Belts -

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Exige, Nov 3, 2015.

1. You should be able to check just by taking off the fairing, the top of the ST4 head is not as symmetrical as the standard head - as you can see in the pictures.
    I got the correct belts for my ST4 from Exige but I was still initially confused counting the teeth and comparing to instructions written for a 916 - all good when instructions ignored :upyeah:

2. Look good Exy Baby

Just had mine done, but will have these fitted next time. I assume the TB999 fit the 749R?

3. Yes they do indeed :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi @Exige
    Please can you tell me if these belts are ok with the scrambler 5 year service interval? Mine are due next March but what makes the scrambler engine different to other ducati monsters with a similar engine?

5. Hi,
    Yes they are compatible with your scrambler - Chris looked into it at the launch and that's when he determined Ducati had changed suppliers to the far east for the Scrambler belts - he managed to get some to test 3 years ago as I posted on here somewhere. As CCW belts are manufactured to the highest spec they defiantly match any Ducati published schedules. It will be interesting to see if yours have funny writing on them if it's an early Scrambler or if they used the older OEM belts at the time! :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Excellent thanks, mines one of the first ones, I'll probably change them over winter if I dare (not done them before).o_O

7. It will be my first time this winter on a 1098R Bayliss o_O

8. @Exige - Hi, after belts for MTS1200s, 2013. Have you got them in the stock and how much please.

Also, based on my previous Desmo service I am sure will be needing about 4-5 closer shims this time round. Do you have access to cheaper closer shims by any chance or planning to "stretch" into that area as well?
    Best

9. Link here: you need TB1198 :):upyeah:not planning on selling shims no :( but there is an American company that do them - https://emsduc.com/
    Or try some independents that might have a pool of spares...

10. Just got a quote from ducati Leeds for just the belts + fitting:
    Belts £97
    Belts + fitting £260 all in.
    Now I can save £190 if I fitted them but do I want to risk my engine if its only every 5 years??
    Also would I need to change any bearings? Plus do you think the tank would need to be removed?

11. If you are near Leeds and you are not comfortable fitting them yourself get a quote off Ducati John in Leeds - you can supply Exact Fit belts to him if you wish... are you not due a service also? :thinkingface:

BTW, our TB696 / Scrambler Belts have sold out here and in the States due to an unforeseen increase in demand and won't be available until towards the end of this month (June) :):upyeah:

#151 Exige, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah I text John on Monday but he's on holiday so was going to get back to me with a price, the only worry is that last time we spoke he hadn't touched a scrambler and if the tank needs removing the fuel pump is a nightmare and can break if slightly forced, so might be best to ducati or doing it myself as I'm not too bad with a hammer oops I mean spanner:)

13. Just to say that I received my Exact belts for my Multi, not fitted yet as I had to replace the horizontal exhaust, broken stud and replace the front wheel bearings as well.

But belts were delivered very quickly and best of all came with the nuts and washers - I cannot recall seeing anywhere that nuts & washers are included so to me was a pleasant surprise :upyeah:.

Many thanks Exige - 5 *****

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Exige, do you have any TBF1 belts in stock? I need to change some to get one of my elefants back on the road. Could be tempted by some of your starter coils too. Do the coil kits include plugs? (Image in the thread looks like they do).

15. Yes, in stock :):upyeah: coils come as a kit with plugs...

16. Exige do you do drive belts for Harley's

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. No :bucktooth: it has been mentioned :eyes:, but erm, no :p

18. ok thanks

19. Do scrambler belts not fit harleys :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cheers Harry, I’ll have a look , I suspect that Ducati one’s are as pricey, as Harley

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information