1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent service from Just Helmets

Discussion in 'Online Retailer reviews' started by Cobbett, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Now we have this new section of the forum - thanks Rob - I'd like to recommend Just Helmets:

Motorcycle Helmets | Just Motorcycle Helmets | Motorcycles | Schuberth | Viper | Scorpion

- to anyone in the market for a new lid.

Having been successively irritated by an Arai Viper GT (see below) and then a Shoei XR1100 (very good helmet but too touring a shape, so the rear lip grabs on the collar when sports riding), I've been thinking about the much-trumpeted Schubert SR1 and decided to take the jump. I'd used a well-known Kent-based internet helmet emporium in the past, but last time they didn't include all the promised freebies and ignored correspondence. So, after some surfing and a bit of emailing and on the basis of various recommendations I went with Just Helmets.

I'm a serious fusspot, esp when spending that sort of money, and they were simply faultless: best price, free courier delivery, free courier pickup and return if the size is wrong (with the reassurance that any returns are not resold but sold separately as clearance items), helmet guaranteed to be factory sealed, free dark visor (worth £60), and on top of that free goodies inc a chunky Oxford Products helmet holdall and neck warmers. No one else is close to those terms of sale, never mind the extras.

They didn't have the one I wanted in stock but ordered it immediately, so I still got it 2 days after purchase. And a gent called Pete kept me informed at every stage of the process. Total peace of mind.

(They don't do Arai, which will frustrate some, but personally due to their noise levels and daft visor-change mechanism, I bailed on Arais a while ago.)

The usual (though necessary) disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the company (which is at the other end of the country), just a satisfied customer etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. But I have an Arai shaped head :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a Suomy shaped head !! That's even worse.

5. I just have a bad head!

6. Schuberth ? Designed by square heads.

7. My wife would say I have a dickhead but my dealer says I have an Arai head, so Arai it is. I've been wearing 'em for years. They are well made, beautifully finished and the RX7 fits me like the proverbial glove. The downside ? Well, they are a bit noisy and changing the visor can be a pain until you get used to it.

8. ;)

#8 Hyperextended, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information