1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent Service From Micheldever Tyres :-)

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by MrsC_772, Sep 9, 2017.

1. A very positive experience at Micheldever Tyres today. A big thank you to George & Stewart :upyeah::)

My 696 needed a new rear tyre ahead of a forthcoming trip to Scotland, so I headed down to Micheldever for another Pilot Road 3. (Having got over 17,000 miles out of the current rear PR3 I felt no need to pay a little more for a PR4 if the main benefit is extra longevity).

George not only changed the tyre, and lubed the chain, but also told me that there wasn't much life left in my rear brake pads. Micheldever didn't have the right size in stock, but George said if I could find some elsewhere he could fit them, as it was just a 5-10 minute job.

Snells had the right brake pads in stop but no-one in the workshop as it was Saturday, so I bought them from Snells and headed back to Micheldever.

What George had hoped would be a 5 minute job turned out to be more complex due to a seized bolt on the brake caliper. George & Stewart had to drill out and helicoil the bolt, and Stewart warned me that if I had future trouble with that bolt it might not be possible to re-helicoil it and I'd need a new part.

After spending at least half an hour on the brake pad job this afternoon, they refused any payment for it.

My husband and a few folks on here had previously commented on the good service received at Micheldever, and I was really impressed with the trouble they went to on my behalf today.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Good old fashioned service and customer care is a slowly disappearing commodity nowadays, providers like this need to be supported and nurtured so they continue to operate, pleased to hear of your positive experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pleased you got good service from the boys in Winchester, but more shocked that you got 17k out of a rear !!! Was it made of steel ?? :eek:

#3 Wayne58, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  4. I get amazing mileage out of tyres - the benefits of being a lightweight slowcoach I guess. My bike has got through more sets of wheel bearings than tyres in the 8 years I've owned it. Micheldever reckoned I my rear had about 1000 miles left (not enough for my Scottish trip). The current front PR3 had done 10,000 miles and has loads of life left in it.

5. Holy crap, I need to eat a few more salads, and put my bike in urban mode or something ?? :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information