1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exceptional 900SS For sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Redand Grey, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

The fine weather has prompted me to put together an advert for my Supersport that I'm more than likely going to sell. I thought that before I advertise on ebay and other sites I would gauge the interest within the enthusiast camp - No, I have not decided what I want for it yet and Its still to be MOT'd - Planned for Tuesday, weather permitting - On the site you will read the reason for my selling it and lots of good images - Welcome any feedback - It's as described

www.myducati900.co.uk

Thanks

2. Forgive me, you are asking, how much?

3. As I say on the thread, undecided at this stage. - but Its the same for any old bike that's a little bit special - Not worth a lot to someone who isn't interested in older Dukes but to someone who just wants a 900SS its unquestionably the bike to have - The reason I suppose I planted in here ahead of flea bay was that it may generate a genuine interest from a like minded person. Sorry haven't answered the question, but really unclear.

4. Indeed, how long is a piece of string? Fine example it must be said - a rough ball park figure of expectation might prod some interest tho ... otherwise it's just a red elephant, seemingly?

5. Stunning - someone will be a very happy buyer!

6. Thank you cockneyjanner,

Hi Greyman,

Now that's funny :) Had a laugh at the Red Elephant- Yes, you are right and I don't mean to create an environment of not to sell , as I genuinely do not need anymore things to look at in the garage. T

he problem around pricing is that the more I have admired it and enjoyed its simplicity and clean lines then I have thought that I should like to keep it. (I had a guy from TNT delivering a package to me yesterday when I was polishing in the garage - As it happens he is a Panigale owner and he was saying - "Just Keep it !" )

Also in a perverse way I don't want to go through a ritual of trying to selling it at a high price and then satisfied that I don't get my price - I am persuaded that the right thing is to keep it.( and then hardly ever use it !!!) SO not wishing to do that the price is going to be between 3-4K - I think that's reasonable as I see SL's being 4-5K - So I don't think i'm too far out - Maybe if it goes to fleabay it will just be an auction case as opposed to classified.

#6 Redand Grey, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  7. If you don't know what you want for it, an auction with a reserve is probably your best bet.

If I want to buy a car in the local garage and the salesman told me it was between £x and £xx, I think I'd probably think xxxx that......

8. Hi WroughtIron,

Yes that's true - Thoughts are that at this relatively early stage of a potential sale ie start of the year, haven't taken it out , or been to any Ducati type meets. Possible fair weather type buyers are not even thinking about bikes and in some ways I have yet to list in any serious commercial listing then my head is at the thicker end of the scale.

If there doesn't appear the interest or I decide its just in the way after a few weeks of shifting things around in the garage to get in and out and work safely without scratching or bashing things then I may be receptive to a lower offer.

There is also a lot to be said for a genuine buyer who just says, yep I want it, willing to pay what he considers a fair price and Im happy with that and they come along with no hassle and pay the money, which is probably somewhere in between. Ebay is the logical way ahead but I have never bought a bike via this route and find difficulty in the concept of buying without actually seeing it.

Then if you do go for miles and see it and it turns out to be a peach then Im struggling with then having to wait and bid for it ......Just my mentality.... it doesn't work well for me but lets see - I may try it anyway The real issue is that I have no real driver to sell it.

#8 Redand Grey, Mar 30, 2014
  9. Looks a great example and very original and clean. But...you dont know what its worth. But its worth more than many would think, and wont give a guide to what you would take for it.

Not exactly an ad then :)

10. Well I think I am - My thoughts - The last time I sold a bike was a 2006 MVF4 1000s - It was perfect - 800miles from new absolutely perfect - When I saw it I just had to have it. Stayed in my garage for two years before I took a lust for a 999R anyway MV had to go as a plan to get the 999R.

Advertised it with a price :) and I had emails from all over making stupid offers - people from dodgy locations - I reckon I had every crank wanting to buy it but none actually wanted to lift the phone and talk and have a constructive conversation - This is in my opinion one of the downsides to the internet type selling situation.

It gives timewasters anonymity- the opportunity to just pitch in offers which they have no intention to follow up on and simply * around as there is no accountability - Now of course not everyone is like that - but that was my last experience.

SO if there is a genuine buyer out there and he/she wants my bike they will take the time to contact me and discuss what they are willing to pay - there may be a negotiation - I have indicated what I'm looking for and at this stage its the top end of 3-4K -

I think its an opening for a genuine buyer - IF I put in 3800 for the sake of argument for sure someone will say - ' Give you 3600 over a message and likely not to follow up anyway !!!'

Guess what the MV sold to the first guy who contacted me direct - Came to see it - Genuine buyer -
    Anyway that's my opinion - :) and another reason why I'm wary of ebay.
    I'm just old school :)

#10 Redand Grey, Mar 30, 2014
  11. Looking at your website I would say your estimate is about spot on, should make between £3500 and £4000 it is an exceptional example, probably one of the best in the country, good luck with it!

12. Thanks appreciated -

13. I weep every time I see those bloody datatag markings, god knows how many bikes i've walked away from because of those stickers and markings. I know they're there for a reason, they just look awful......sorry just mo.

I'd stick some photo's up on your website with the original screen on, it will look much better. Good luck, I'm after another one but to much for me I'm afraid.

14. Tricolore,

Yes - criminal isn't it !!
    On the screen - guess what - Just ordered one yesterday :) - So it will be replaced on arrival - I didn't like it either

I also have a local dealer interested in having it in his showroom so I suspect it maybe even more
    but if its not for you then its not for you.
    Thanks anyway

15. Redland, where are you based?

16. As per the website info - North Buckinghamshire -

17. The link just hangs and doesn't load for me here..........

I suppose it's because my PC is out of date now.............

18. It took a long time to load for me too, i think it is just a data heavy homepage.

19. Sorry Guys - Cant explain that - Have had numerous hits all seem ok -

20. Sorry Redand, it is a lovely site and it's great so see someone valuing a bike so much. Im using a poor connection right now, thats why it is slow for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information