1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Exhaust Identification

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Jonathan DLP, May 24, 2017.

1. To all the 748 cognescenti. Can you ID these for me? Are they Termignoni?

Thanks

IMG_0186.JPG

2. Don't look like it, Termis are riveted at the end. Do you have side profile pictures of them?

3. Thanks Chris. Here you go.

IMG_0187.JPG

4. Well the end caps are riveted on, and they have the Termignoni stickers on them :). Not sure about the two rivets on the side though, haven't seen those before. The end caps look like they have been polished, I think they come dull as standard. Also haven't seen that embossed logo on Termis before.

5. Normal alloy Termis look like this. Do your outlet pipes have a less pronounced angle on them? Looks like it in the picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thanks Chris. I'd spotted the stickers too (there is supposed to be a smiley here but I'm struggling to insert it!). The 748 is new to me so your input is really appreciated. The embossing is quite distinctive and I'd also not seen that before.

Really keen on a 748. I've loved the styling since they came out and have read a lot of good things about them. All the issues too but having a penchant for older bikes/cars there aren't too many that don't have some problem or other.

#6 Jonathan DLP, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  7. Thanks for those pics. Very helpful too.

8. That logo looks like the old Arrow one? They're not Termis though...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. A bike I'm looking at so not sure of outlet angles.

10. Thanks Nelly.

11. I think you've nailed it! Also looks like the rivets are consistent with where they'd hold on the maker's name plate. See picture (from internet search).

Thank you both

IMG_0189.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information