1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Exhaust - No Upmap Needed?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Etherion, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Hello, I've had my V4 for over 2 years now and want to give it some love. Stayed away from the Akrapovics as i just didn't like them and waited for the Termi - whilst that was ok, it wasn't what i had in mind. Now, having revisited this topic, i noticed that interestingly Zard DM5 uses the stock front connectors and keeps the sensors in place - they advertise this as no upmap/remap needed.

I know for other full systems - they supply you with an upmap and without one - mapping is pretty difficult(not sure if this has changed). I guess i am looking for help on the below.

1 - if stock sensors and front connector used - do i still need an upmap? Would be surprised if Zard is the only one who doesn't think its needed.
    2- Can people such as CJS, BSD remap the ecu on these or can someone upload an upmap etc and then custom map it?
    3 - Any ideas why Zard would want to use the stock front connector? Other exhaust companies i think replace the front connectors so don't understand the rational.

Thanks

2. As far as I understand, the stock ECU map can only deal with a certain amount of tolerances with the stock system. It's not designed to be able to adjust the air/fuel ratios by the amounts required when you delete the cat(s), etc, which is where UpMap and custom maps come into play.

I've never had a bike where the stock ECU map can handle the cat being deleted and/or exhaust system being changed, whether the stock exhaust sensors are retained or not. I'm not aware Ducati is different in this regard.

I think generally, stock maps run too lean for decat setups, and race maps run too rich for cat setups.

3. I think Chris (CJS) can now map them. I’m not aware of any other route except the Termi T800 kit or the Ducati Upmap options.
    I do know that the Ducati Upmap not only changes the fuelling. It’s a package that changes the algorithms for the chassis controls as well. How much this matters, I couldn’t say, but it’s worth considering.

4. Quite a faff to dyno:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information