1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Polish And Clean

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Magic77, Feb 17, 2020.

1. So having the bike bike is great and especially with the termis the diavel is a different beast.

However I can see already that with the high temps the logogs that are on the exhaust and various lebels will be loosing their looks quickly

Any ideas how to remove the labels from the termis> They look edteched so I suspect wire wool and then polish but wondering if something else coudl be used

thanks

2. Can you post a photo?

3. Managed to remove 99% of it all from the exhaust using machine polisher. Bike needs agood clean but will post pictures once done

4. Did the harpic x10 treatment on my Monster the other day. Finished with autosol. Happy with that. 0BA22C3F-D151-48B2-92AF-789D4E30BD2B.jpeg FDED64CF-3A3E-4B37-8C41-506F09FCE16F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Harpic x10 and Autosol at a guess :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. It pretty much is as simple as brushing harpic x10 onto headers and pipes. Leave for c.10-15 minutes. Agitate a bit with a brush. Wash off. Then autosol to polish. Very easy. Just dont get any harpic x10 on anything chrome, or your hands.

7. It does have oil in it. It’s on the side stand. Straighten it up and it’s all good

8. So, toilet bowl cleaner (Hydrochloric acid) and Autosol...
    Do i need a buffer/polisher with the autosol? Like a dremel? or by hand?

Rex

9. I just used elbow grease for the autosol. Used a micro fibre cloth. Once you’ve used the harpic, the autosol doesn’t need much work to make it look nice.

10. After you have used the Harpic i have used 0000 wire wool with the Autosol then buff off with micro cloth

11. If you guys are looking to get an amazing finish on your exhausts you can't go wrong with white diamond high shine applied with a terry cloth then buffed off with microfiber. You can get a mirror finish with very little work. Ive used it on my truck for years. I know its not a ducati but ill post the pictures of my dads pipes on his guzzi after I've finished polishing them

• Like Like x 1
  12. I just bought some to leave on the new shelf in the garage because I dont know when I will get to doing it...
    But I wish it would get done.

Rex

13. So this...

[​IMG]

Are they still the same color as before? And just much shinier? Or the color of almost chrome?
    I did try a little area with the product above "Diamond High Shine"
    Whil the metal is much s,oother and shinier... it does not look like shiny bare (Silver/chrome?) metal. Just a lighter tan/brown color. Cerainly shiny...

I did not take any pictures in the Sun...

[​IMG]

Rex

14. Ig you want a astin finish then i reccomend wd40 & scotchbrite to finnish off.

15. This is how they should have come out buddy. It takes alot of work but they do come up as a mirror. The header pipes started out black

20200527_201248.jpg

20200527_201254.jpg

16. WOW I bet that WAS A Lot of work...

Let me just search the internet for "Pipe Polisher" I am sure nothing will go wrong

Rex

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. White diamond also do a slightly harsher polish too. Im sure there's a video on the website but if you speak to lindon he's tge head guy in the UK and really knows his onions and is usually very helpful with advice on best results

Do Not Sell My Personal Information