1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Exhaust Removal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Heedful, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Has anyone removed their fairings yet to access the exhaust?
    I will be powder coating the cover before I (if I) pull the trigger on the Akra, (as I think the stock sounds fine).

I wondered if there were any nasty 'accessibility' surprises, as from 44T video at JHS, looks like a bike that's pretty fiddly to get to things.

2. I’ve been told they are a bit fiddly. I’ll deffo be going for an after market zorst. Lose a few kg’s And gain a few ponies. Hanging back to see what’s available.
    I’ll be taking the DIY approach. Don’t Involve Yourself.

3. When it arrives (May) I'll post a how to vid.
    A few more ponies and less kg's - not what I think the V4 needs :p #toofastforme

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hope your hands are small. One of our technicians has been through the 2 day training at the factory and whilst it's easier to work on than some of its predecessors, there's not a lot of space not already filled with bits. When/if you buy the Akrapovic full race system, don't forget you need a different lower fairing. I'm guessing bought from Ducati, it'll be a kit. Hope you enjoy the bike, I've still got 5 months to wait. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silencer should be fairly straight forward, you might even get the covers without removing the unit itself...6 screws. If you want the system, then it's a bigger job. Rads off for a start to get to front manifold nuts. Rear subframe for the rear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks guys

Do Not Sell My Personal Information