1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Exhaust

Discussion in 'Monster' started by shakeys dad, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I'm picking up a 1200s monster next week and I'm looking to change the exhaust can. Don't fancy paying out for Termi's, so looking for recommendations

2. I know the Termi's are expensive but they are worth the money.
    WP_20190327_006.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. QD in Italy

4. My mate had one of these on his, way superior looks wise than the obligatory Terms

5. Cheaper nice sounding alternative is the SP engineering one HERE
    I have fitted two of these to a pair of Monsters and they are very nice and reasonably priced.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Or

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have an SPengineering pipe on mine, sounds great without trying to wake the dead.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. +1 for SP Engineering , sound nicer than Termis IMO too.

9. I’ve got Termis on mine, fine with the baffles in, too loud without, I put SP engineering carbon cans on my 900 Monster and they are good quality for the price, the baffles were straight thru though and too loud for me so I adapted them by fitting end plates an perforating the sides of the baffle tubes, it’s just right for me now and has cut down on the backfiring on overrun which was excessive before.

10. I have a S.C project on mine, fantastic quality and sounds great .

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have the termis (with map) and NO baffles.
    Sounds like sex on wheels. I picked it up with the baffles out. I cannot imagine putting them in.
    PS
    There are NO sound laws... and actually no motorcycle safety inspection At All here in GA.
    Scares the little girls
    Intrigues the little boys
    Bores the Women
    Excites the Men

Plus if/when you ever sell, Termis with the map will always be accepted... Otherwise save all your receipts and Dyno readouts and be able to explain why you tuned it as you did (For the knowledgeable) some dont care

Rex

Rex

12. I went for the Akrapovic, not too expensive, sounds great, Tail tidy small.JPG made and fits beautifully. Got mine from the Sports bike shop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a black Arrow can on mine. Looks very similar to the Akra above. £400 with link pipe from an ebay shop

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Looks good too!

15. Arrow here too on my R, £373 inc the link pipe delivered from Italy from eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Don't suppose you know which seller you used.

17. SC Projects for mine

63A715F9-751E-4E6C-81D7-0D25707A5524.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. I've been looking at that one, did you get it remapped or does it run OK without

19. Mine’s not been remapped and runs fine :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information