1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Exhausts

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by kirks1989, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Good evening all,

What exhausts are you running on your 939s? Which would people recommend?

Cheers

Ben :upyeah:

2. Looking myself and there's not a lot of choice. Termi to high as I have panniers,akrapovic is low mount. Sc project ear bleedingly loud. Remus 6 weeks wait,that's were I'm up to.

3. I have a brand new unused arrow low can ally with carbon end cap if you are interested.

4. Screenshot_20170220-215856.png

5. Same boat as me, had a nosey around but not found anything. Loads for the 821. Not sure these fit the 939 though?

6. X 2

7. Any for the 821 will fit

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh really, I thought they were different. Even on 2016/17 bikes?

9. I have a sc projects CRT for the 821 on my 939

10. How loud is it? I've just purchased one but a lot of people have mentioned how loud they are? Did you have an up map ?

11. LOUD I made a small plate to disrupt the airflow which made it a little quieter, but will investigate getting a baffle insert made by a local company to bring it down a little more ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sorry forgot to add no UP-map

13. My bike had the Termi system fitted when I bought it. It had a pretty nice note but I wasn't keen on the look so I swapped it out for a titanium Akrapovic system which is awesome.

It is however possibly the loudest system I've ever owned. Puts my old VTR to shame and craps all over the numerous track bikes I've had over the years... I've actually had to fit the baffle as it was headache inducing without it but it's pretty spot on now.

Highly recommend the system though, it's made to the usual Akra standards and looks amazing when it starts to turn blue/purple after a few heat cycles.

I posted a thread about it previously that has pics so check there if you haven't seen it before. :sunglasses:

• Like Like x 1

14. Nice one I shall have a look. I have purchased a SC Project CRT thats hasn't arrived yet but heard so many people say they are just too loud. I may see if I can get a baffle made for it. We shall see. Thanks for the info too, I will have a look around:upyeah:

15. I rode a demo bike with the CRT can fitted and it was loud but was a really nice tone. Loads of pops and crackles on the overrun too which was nice.

It's not as loud as the Akra as it keeps the OEM headers but it's definitely allot louder than the Termi full system.

Doubt that helps you any but nevermind!

16. Well it's put me at ease a little. I'll get it fitted and see what I think. Did you have an up map for you Akra?

17. Good!

You only get an upmap with the Termi system as it's the only official option. I did however have the upmap installed from when I had the Termi system so my Akra is currently running with that.

I'll be getting a new engine under warranty in the next few weeks and the dealer that'll be fitting it has an experienced engine builder come dyno operator so he'll be setting up the new one to suit the Akra pipes, DP filter cover and race air filter. :sunglasses:

18. Oh dear? What's happened with the engine?

19. Was £330 new (1 month ago). Fitted it and then found a second hand high level can which was reasonably priced. Took the arrow back off and it has been in the box since. It is the decat version with the removable road legal insert. You can find them cheaper on eBay but check the ad and the link pipe is not included. First offer of £250 would take it. PM me if you are interested to keep the thread on track. For info purposes, fitment for 821 and 939 is the same.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information