1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhuast For My New Panigale V2 2020?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wiktor midtbø, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Hello there friends, im new to this forum and i have some questions.
    In january i got my ducati panigale v2 2020 delivered. so at the moment its standing in my house, waiting for the season :)

but my question is. Will a 959(1199-1299) exhaust plug straight to my bike? only the cans not a full system.
    I heard from the dealership that my bike probably wont like the cans from a older bike because some upgrades with the ecu on the new model. Honestly i just think he's trying to trick me into buying a brand new akrapovic slip-on exhaust for the price of my car LOL.
    I just want a underbelly looking slip on exhaust that is affordable, it can even be used for all i care. i just need some more sound, i feel like the EURO5 regulations is holding back some sweet ducati sound.
    So far i havent done to much research, for me it seems like the akrapovic underbelly slip-on will fit perfectly. but i can take other brands aswell aslong as they fit. I see termignoni also have underbelly cans.

So yea, im here looking for some help, im hoping anyone knows :)
    Throwing in a pic of my bike:)

Btw sorry for bad english, Im from Norway :)

panigale v2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. The V2 has two catalytic converters in if, and has a noise controlling exhaust valve In the end tip, potentially with another valve in the ‘Y’ piece where the headers join also. I’d say physically they would fit but a remap would be needed to bring ten fuel table in scope, it’s likely to run pretty badly with just swapping cans

• Like Like x 1
  3. Perfect English Wiktor!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. thanks for a quick reply! I will have to do some more research and hope thqt someone does it before me so i can copy them hehe :) and yes i would do a remap if i change the cans in the future. Cheers

5. Welcome Dave. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please :)

6. Lovely looking bike Wiktor; welcome! I'm eyeing up one of these and admit the cost of an exhaust is eye watering.

No need to apologise for poor english, yours is rather good! the Grammer and speling here is usually apawling.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Have you ridden the V2 yet? honestly out on the road it's pretty loud, and one came the opposite way to me on Saturday and I could hear it pretty clear. I agree it lacks that bark that the slip on's have. Honestly though if you get some slip ons, generally someone will be able to map it to match

8. Looking for exhausts for my V2 2600 for akra is steep has anyone tried a 959 1299 exhaust on their v2

9. Anyone installed anything that isn’t Akrapovic? What did the OP go for In the end?

10. The joint between the cans and the link pipe looks very similar to my 959 and looks like the fairing lowers are already cut to size. Chances are you could fit the std 899/1299 cans on there and get a short adaptor fabbed up to link the two together.

11. The fitting is the same, so push fit and outside clamp like the 959 and as you say the fairings are trimmed already. The 899 uses 3 bolt flange so wouldn’t work (and I don’t like the standard design) I’m awaiting to find out what Termignoni release which is due soon. Failing this I might look at the Arrow option as it’s under half the cost of Akrapovic and with a single outlet it may be slightly quieter than the Akrapovic.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information