1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expat Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Gryphon, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Aussie here living in the UK. Are there any insurance companies that’ll take your actual riding experience over your UK license time? 5 years as opposed to 25 actual years doesn’t seem quite fair. TIA for any info.

2. Bemoto
    When I came back from Australia I had the same struggle. 10 years NCD
    At first it was a pain but A few years in while insuring a very modified 899 Bemoto said they would have honoured my Australian NCB. They also took into account CSS and Ron Haslam race school to build up a picture of previous riding experience.
    Car wise I’m sure aviva were pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  3. I first started with Principle on a 748R
    £218 fully comp

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers Andy. Will give them a try - it’s good when they’ll at least speak to you rather than just look at online database comparison. I’m with Aviva on the car front too. Best I could find but still painful!

5. I did a tester earlier on my old bike (Daytona 955) and it was similar but on a 1098 jumped to over £700. Will take a look at them. Cheers.

6. Give them a call. Explain your situation and give them the details of past riding experience
    Let us know how you get on

Do Not Sell My Personal Information