1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive First Ride Out Of The Year!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kirks1989, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Well, what a first ride out for 2018. Unfortunately the roads are as bad as the weather has been. Mid corner, huge unavoidable pothole, managed to just about stay on the bike but the bike wasn’t so fortunate!

Looks like an expensive ride out. Both wheels and tyres

DF044543-E9FF-4363-8D67-DE199F9CE37C.jpeg 947276D1-ABCC-48FF-B648-9B7D66D79533.jpeg C7437F51-3681-460F-B7F2-D446B093638E.jpeg 19E76264-0271-4C09-ACBF-3CB1F3B6499B.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 3
  2. Ouch. I'd be onto the council with all the evidence 1st thing in the morning. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Shot on a stick! I have a small dink from about 800 miles old due to pothole, have just turned 7k and no problems with pressure but it’s hardly noticeable. Fear that is beyond repair, but motoliner Kent way can do wonders with some wheels

If you find out how to sue the local council, let us know. Mine was impossible to find details from....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blimey....Glad you are ok.
    Are you on the phone to the council tomorrow?

5. Wonder what would have happened with a carbon wheel?

6. Bad luck. Get a photo to scale and submit it to your local council office.
    I had a similar experience with an alloy wheel on a golf years back and was compensated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. A visit to A+E for the rider probably :confused:

8. Wowsers.... That's terrible... Well done for not coming off, must have been a fecking big hole ! is there anyway to claim the repairs back from your council?? Or do you have to have a full on accident and be half dead to make a complaint?

9. Take some pics of the pothole and your wheel, get a quote to replace from Ducati and submit it to the council. My sister did this two weeks ago and they paid out straight away.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Photograph the hole for evidence - use a tape measure to show the depth. Sue the fekkers. Pot holes are worse than ever this year.
    I got £2600 for a new front splitter on a Lotus Elise: damaged on an illegally high speed bump - had the crack repaired and re painted for £200 at a local car body shop. Submit new Ducati prices for both wheels and tyres with your letter of complaint and keep hassling them, perhaps state you will claim for bike hire if not settled quickly :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Is your back ok after hitting that? Feck are your nuts ok?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. That doesn't sound very admirable - you receive £2,600 for damage that is repaired for just £200... Why didn't you just spend the money on a full repair?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Glad you're ok,,I've had three rides out this year and i have to say the roads are the worst i have seen for twenty plus years:(

14. 2 things... Well done on staying upright, that's a huge ding. Secondly, fuck me, that's a big exhaust! :astonished:

you should be able to claim, no problem. If you haven't already got pics of the hole, go get them ASAP as if your luck remains, they'll fill it before you get there. Don't forget to try and go for things like recovery costs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sue the feckers!!!

16. Having a drive over in the car with a tape measure. Didn’t even think of grabbing a picture earlier. Was just grateful I didn’t end up on my back

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blimey, that’s really nasty. Glad to hear that you are ok and stayed on.

As above, my advice would be to contact the council/highways department and diplomatically speak to them to acertain what they can do for you regarding claiming the damage back from them.

My colleague recently claimed for his very expensive Bee-em 19in wheels and tyres due to a monster pot hole straddling the entire lane of the M23.

#17 RickyX, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. At the least you are o.k. but with pictures of the hole and the damage you should be compensated.

19. Nuts and back intact thankfully. Just wallet and pride a little sore

• Like Like x 1
  20. And we wonder why our council tax keeps increasing and there is no money for community care :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information