1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experience Rider But New To Street Bikes

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by jose, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Hello, I am new to this site and just want to introduce myself. I live in LA and have been into motocross and dessert riding for years, so I consider myself a good rider in dirt that is. I really want to get a street bike and have been looking at the Hypermotard sp 939. I like it because it resembles the dirt bike as far as ergonomics and such. I do have some questions for those who own one.

1-I am 5 foot 8 and have read that the Hypermotard sits pretty high up. Will this be an issue for me at stops ? On my past dirt bikes, I normally would be on my toes, it never was a problem unless I stoped on uneven ground. I know on street the majority of times it will be even ground.

2-How are sales in Ducati as far as negotiating? Since there are few dealers in my area, does it make it harder to get a good deal? Basically, if the bike is going for $16200.00 or so new, what should I expect to get it for, how much of a discount should I be asking for if any ?

3-How different from dirt bikes are street bikes? I mean as far as handling and such. I am used to sliding out the rear, wheeling over obstacles and all kinds of crazy things on dirt. Obviously , I know I won't be doing any of this on the street, but are street bikes pretty easy to handle aside from weight consideration?

Sorry if these are silly question but the street bike seen is really new to me. I really enjoy this site and love reading things on here. I would really appreciate your inputs since you guys are the experts on these bikes... Thank you for your time.

2. Welcome David

3. Welcome desert dude :cool::upyeah:

With your experience it will be a walk in the park...

ruben-xaus.jpg 3131427-zamp2647.jpg

4. Great pictures

5. Welcome along :cool:

6. Well one major difference on the street, you will have GRIP, in spade-fulls

Welcome, I'm a newbie myself

7. Welcome. The Hyper is an awesome bike. I have a 2015 821 and love it. You shouldn't have a problem with the height / your height. Enjoy!!

8. The switch will be like shooting fish in a barrel for your skill set:upyeah:Welcome
    P.S if they don't give you a discount.. threaten to burn their shop down:D

9. Hey Jose! Welcome!

10. Hello and welcome to the forum b:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information