1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Bonesy, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Hi guys
    Bought my SS S new but in all the excitement never asked about extending the warranty...only after the 12month service did i remember about it...having rung my dealer was told that it had to be extended at point of purchase...ok so here’s my question...having previously bought a 2nd hand (6months old) Multi from a Triumph dealer..on having it serviced at Ducati still inside the 2yr warranty (with warranty coming to an end) when I asked they gave me the option to extend it for a further year? Anyone know if this is still the case when the standard warranty comes to an end?
    Thanks

2. Warranties are available elsewhere, you don`t have to get a Ducati one if unavailable. Alternatively, live life on the edge and don`t get a warranty .

3. Yeh i know other companies do them but don’t think there’s a big saving to be had to involve “a middle man” when your bikes in at dealer having a fix last thing you’d want is dealer saying “warranty won’t cover that!” o_O

4. I'd try Ducati UK, they always seem glad to take money from people.... worth a try perhaps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I reckon any 'extension' offered near the expiry of the factory warranty will be a third party product and not an actual extension of the OEM warranty. Bought an Ever Red warranty extension with my 1260 Mutley and was told categorically that it was only available at the time of purchase. Have just read the Ever Red leaflet and it says the same.

6. Yes i’ve seen that....from what i can recall it was a Ducati 1 yr extended warranty that I bought...that was after the std 1 was due to run out

7. Possibly Ducati offer a branded 3rd party* insurance based warranty? (* i.e. underwritten)

Whilst there are even exclusions to the factory warranty I'll wager that there's significantly more wriggle room with an insurance warranty. Read Ts&Cs with a critical eye.

8. I have bought two new Ducatis in the last 3 years from a well-known main dealer and was never offered nor made aware of any extended warranty. I probably wouldn't have taken one out but it pisses me off that I wasn't offered.

9. As I understand it there was a period when the extended factory warranty wasn't available. When I was first looking at buying a Multistrada back in early 2016 I believe that they had just been withdrawn. Not sure when the current 'Ever Red' product became available though.

10. The old warantee went off the market early 2015 and for 2 years there was no option of the extended warranty.

The Ever Red came onto market end of 2016 - early 2017... but was only available on New bikes at point of sale...

Nothing available for bikes who's factory warranty was coming to an end at that time 0 so I traded my June 15 for a June 17 DVT...

I have taken a 1 year extension on the WTY on my 17 Multi DVT and 18 1100 Scrambler - so that they are covered until I change them before their 3rd birthday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. That's just what I was thinking. No one mentioned extended warranties to me.

12. That's just what I was thinking. No one mentioned extended warranties to me.

13. Does anyone know if you can get a refund on unused wty?

Someone rear ended me at a roundabout this morning. So guess mine will be a right off...

14. Sorry to hear that and hope that you're not injured. I doubt you'd get a refund, can't you claim for it pro-rata of the other party, it's essentially part of the value of the bike.

15. Sorry to hear that. Good luck in the forthcoming claim.

16. Hope you're not badly injured mate?!

17. Hi

No fortunately... some bruising to the right calf, pain across the shoulders and neck - lower back pain

None of it life threatening.. hopefully all of which will clear in a few weeks with no lasting effects

Had full Rukka gear on with Armour.. and 2 sets under layers...

Will get some phsio and am on Zapain pain killers.

Start of a really bad week.

Tuesday morning... Bike accident - then A&E in an amulance.

Late Tuesday PM after getting home - I had to make a colleague in USA redundant who has worked for me / with me for best part of 14 years.

Early hours of Thursday morning my mum passed away.....

Friday - letter from Insurance company assessors - Looks like they will write the bike off - sent me a letter to send them the spare keys, log book and service history as its 'likely the bike will be written off' but I will wait until I get an offer before doing that!

Probably will put me in negative equity - bike was bought on 3 Yr PCP so that I could change it regularly.. with a 20% deposit - 21 months left... plus payment.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. Lost my mum earlier in the year, sorry to hear you have that to deal with on top of everything else. Best wishes to you and yours.

19. Most certainly about as bad as it could be. Hope things turn around for you soon.

20. Thanks ALL.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information