1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Opener... Ride Safe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rapide, Nov 28, 2017.

1. I accepted a lift to a meeting from a colleague today. She's in her mid 40s and has been driving over 20 years.

About 15mins in to the journey we approached a roundabout... and pulled straight out in front of a car. Luckily the other guy stopped, just, gesticulated and we carried on.

After regaining composure I asked if she'd not seen the car. Her response was pretty terrifying "but I was there first?".

She genuinely did not know to give way to the right on roundabouts!

Just wow

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Roundabouts are fecking dangerous nowadays especially for bikes, I am not exaggerating when I say I'll be pulled out on and made to take evasive action at least twice but probably more like 3 times per week.... the worst are people that feel that if the guy in front goes then that means they can too or sad to say it old people who probably just can't bloody see well enough and shouldn't be on the road...

Roundabouts don't exist for most drivers, they should be named straightacrossabouts....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Mistake number 1 I'm afraid.

women-drivers.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. This guy knows, be like him:

Borat-glowne.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Staggering but sadly, not surprising!! How can she not know after many sustained driving years ?

6. "it's everyone else's fault"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. If she had been attractive we wouldn't have learned of this misdemeanour - what amazes me is why accept a lift from an ugly bint :eek:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Possibly for the same reasons Melania chose to be with Donald -he is good company?
    trumpet.jpg

9. Yes but thankfully it is different for fellas o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I'd left my shitty stick at home. Bad day allround :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mini roundabouts are lethal, I am sure most people don't realise that 'normal' roundabout rules apply. This explains the proliferation of dash cams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Double mini roundabouts are worse! o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. There are some above a dual carriageway nearby, it really screws with their minds

14. There's a double one above my last post :eek:

15. F*cking telephone.....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Can’t believe Hemel hast been mentioned for their magic roundabout

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. No offence but your friend sounds like she’s about as smart as a sock full of ferret semen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mmmm, even ferret seamen has an in built sense of direction - maybe just the sock on it's own :)

19. Not a nice bamboo sock with like a seascape on it surely?

20. No :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information