1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 F*cking Bike!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Started getting my head and shit together, still not ridden the 1299 but now getting it ready for next year and some road a track fun.

Sorted rear with a ttx shock, now sourced nix cartridges and the right springs for the front and arranged to drop with pGP while down south twixmas. Jumped into garage today, first time in a long time, to line everything up so I can whip forks out tomorrow afternoon.

Except my front stand is not fitting, it was fouling the plastics (but lifting front ok) so I removed them and now it is sliding about. I can’t get the headlight off as I can’t see how to get high beam connectors out without breaking them. Doing my head in. Pissing bikes!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Calm down, stuff & life ain't simple anymore matey!:p

Happy Christmas!!:):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. This bike is all form over function :rolleyes:

And to you Pete

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. you tube is your friend mate

5. So is a trained Mechanic :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve always found that any job on the Panigale takes 3 times longer than “ normal “ bikes :rolleyes:
    You’ve gotta have a shitload of patience and just take your time, …if it starts to piss you off, leave it, walk away and come back tomorrow :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Exactly what I did :upyeah:

Don’t need to remove headlight but determined to now. Just so I know as I need to fit some track fairings anyway

• Like Like x 2
  8. @cookster is a trained mechanic :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Get a grip man, some people don't have a roof over their heads this christmas, count to ten and maybe a few beers and everything will fall into place.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fuck me, bob geldolf has arrived

• Funny Funny x 24
  11. 0EEE4C59-96C4-4FF6-BD07-63888C43C0F8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Didn't Monners have a very detailed thread re removing 1199 fairings?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I get the headlight disconnect thing. Had the same on my V4S. Witchcraft… :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. It all went pear shaped after the beauty and practicality of how the 916 was put together. The Pani is an absolute arse to disassemble. I'd bet the V4 is even worse.

I use a scaffold pole saddling my garage walls and a tie ratchet to elevate my 1299.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. This why Pani servicing is so £££.

16. Cheers mate, appreciated!! Hopefully help when I have to put back together….!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. :upyeah: Bloody great forum this, fantastic knowledge database and always someone with the right answers..

Problems just disappear once a few heads get together on it!
    Also great for banter and piss-taking :D keep up the good work chaps and happy Christmas to you all .

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. I thought the multi was challenging, this pani is another level! Give me a gixer any time, can have that striped and ready in 15 :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. That’s because Suzuki make liberal use of Velcro. o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information