1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F***k*** Cyclists

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by J biker, Jul 4, 2017.

1. should introduce this in the UK :):)

“The Netherlands and Denmark have a law of ‘strict liability’ to protect vulnerable road users from more powerful road users. Under this law, in crashes involving vulnerable road users, unless it can be clearly proven that the vulnerable road user was at fault, the more powerful road user is found liable by default. This makes Dutch and Danish drivers more cautious around cyclists and pedestrians and is responsible for their safe roads.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I am outraged!!

Driving and riding are so different on the Continent, it is basically everyone vs the Authorities. Here it is about trying to get in front of the vehicle in front of you and trying to stop the vehicle behind you overtaking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tried driving in Italy????

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I suppose if you like bicycling around the roads that much move to the continent and curse all those nasty bicycling haters in the Uk.

Anyway is it true the scenic roads around the continent are ruined by constant bicycling people. Hey at least they smoke loads of dope and don’t get done

5. Been there, done that. Spent 3 years working/living in Holland and the last 20 years in and out of Germany, Denmark, Sweden, France, Spain and Italy every 3-4 weeks

......and by and large, the quality of life is better there than here...but it was a job move that brought me back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. It's much better to stay here and educate those who are "mistaken" about cycling.

• Like Like x 3
  7. The Push Fishists?

8. This thread is trying to convince me to by a bicycle. It’s a conspiracy

• Like Like x 2
  9. get a fat bike, possibly an older surly moonlander

10. You are much stronger than that, nearly :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Fat bloke on his fat bike, why, so people can point and laugh

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. well yes but, i found the bigger tyres meant the tyres didnt squish down when i got on it like conventional tyres plus there was no need for shocks as the tyres acted like suspension.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Where's the engine gone?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 7D8CF0E0-9649-4BC0-95BA-0CA42921BB77.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Driving in Italy is simple.

Drive like everyone is trying to kill you.
    Assume you never have right of way.
    Road signs are only a suggestion.
    If in doubt. Put your foot down.

I remember being in a taxi on the east coast down from Cattolica. Taxi driving doing 110k. On the phone. With a map in the other hand...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. In a taxi in the middle of Fiorenza - taxi driver texting (!) in and amongst the most feral driving I'd ever seen.

17. I’ve seen an Italian try to squeeze between a car passing a truck and the barrier.
    I had a guy overtake me in a BMW X5 when I was doing 80 plus, phone in one hand and gesticulating wildly with the other...

18. Of course, Italians have nothing on Qataris.

Try driving a big 4x4 at the speed limit down a two-lane dual carriageway near Doha, overtaking a car in the slow lane whilst simultaneously being over- and under-taken by cars on both hard shoulders who are each going fast enough to rock your Ford Expedition from side to side as they pass.

It's the Whacky Races made real. Those jokers are insane.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information