1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 (again...)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Symon Moore, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Firstly, kudos to George Russell, great performance & with Max just behind him, this could be fun tomorrow @Advikaz c’mon now Adam, even you’ll be watching this one won’t you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. nope o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I won’t be watching, however I’m still interested in the result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It’s certainly going to make for an interesting race watching the team dynamics in Mercedes.

As an aside, I’m mildly curious, no more, to see if any drivers will take the knee?

5. Good reminder. I’m going out for lunch but I’ll record it.

6. All I shall say at this point having just received my update from the car people is

LOL.

7. 30C1190A-7D96-4968-BC47-B1BA29937B26.png Facts from Chaz

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I will concede that I’ve listened to the live commentary.

this is a fucking joke. Every pit stop of Russell’s cocked up. I mean, have you ever heard of an f1 team putting the wrong tyres on a car???
    Then a slow puncture...

And now still very much back in the points (having never once scored a point).

That Mercedes could win in reverse ffs.

9. Yeah but c’mon, that was anything but boring!

10. it wasn’t boring no. More entertaining to see how that car can have everything go wrong with it but the driver can still finish in the points..

but it’s totally cemented the argument that the Merc is miles in front of anything else and that a non point scoring driver from the back of the grid could win in it.

not much sport in that. Very sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. oh the shame of it, my Son has admitted to watching F1.

However he believes that in F1 it’s very much down to the designers, engineers and mechanics on just how well a driver will do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. As good as George may be. There’s no way he should be jumping in to a car he’s never driven and in the very first practice going fastest ffs.

shite

bet Shamilton wishes he’d sorted his contract out :laughing: wonder if any zero’s will be removed after that performance.

13. Its 90% the car.
    And how strange that they f*cked up a pit stop......yeah right.

• Agree Agree x 3

14. It does seem slightly suspicious that a team that virtually never makes a mistake made loads..

but I’m sure there’s no buggery afoot ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OK, firstly GR is not just a back of the grid driver & secondly whatever he did today, Hamilton is not a 7x World champion over 12 years in 2 different cars SIMPLY because he’s currently in the best car. As to the Merc being streets ahead, yes it is & that remains an issue for every other team. Let’s have Max, Charles or George in the other Merc seat & see what happens

• Disagree Disagree x 1

16. Statistically yes he is a back of the grid driver. He’s never scored a point.

and the Mclaren wasn’t a bad car when Shammy was in it.

best ever finish is what 12th? For Russell previously.

It goes to show that the guy wobbling about at the back could actually genuinely potentially be the best driver of the whole lot... but you’ll never know.
    Farce.

this sport is mostly about the equipment you are in. Not the person. No longer a sport in my eyes.
    Toto sums it up for me stating that Russell isn’t getting in their car permanently anytime soon. If he was that ground breaking he would be. They know their car is by a country mile the car to be in.

motogp for example, you had Marquez on a bike that was known NOT to be the best bike and nobody seems to be able to ride it competitively... yet he still wins.
    That IS a sport. The human is still absolutely key.

#16 Advikaz, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  17. Just for balance he’s driven the merc quite a bit in testing, so although it’s not his car he is reasonably familiar with it...

18. The w10. Not the 11 from what I’ve read.

19. Ah ok my mistake.

20. tis a fair point though. Not going in totally cold is he :)

but even so. The rest of the field are driving their cars every weekend. Whilst he’s been driving that shed of a Williams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information