1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 At Mugello-slight Spoilers

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Symon Moore, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Circuit way too tight for modern F1 imo. What a mad start to the race with those two crashes. Just not enough track space for 20 F1 cars

#1 Symon Moore, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. F1 cars are 30 seconds a lap faster than the MotoGP bikes at Mugello !

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. But Monaco is OK? Back in the 60’s, there were only 16 cars allowed on the grid at Monaco and the cars were half the size and speed of the F1 cars of today.

4. Yeah it’s a good point, I just think that everyone knows how to race at Monaco but two of the three big crashes today we’re partly because of there not being enough space on the track on a circuit that they don’t know & can’t even practice on their Playstations, at least not in a car.

5. And still as dull as dishwater....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. How often are we told that these are “the best drivers in the World” at the “peak of their abilities”, it looked like amateur hour out there yesterday. Oh yes, if any of them needs some practice, I have Mugello on my 10 year old Xbox 360, I can give them a few pointers or rent it out for an extortionate fee! :upyeah:;):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. When i saw some of the quallifying what struck me was how slow they are down the main straight compared to MOtogp bikes. During the race they kept switching the onboard shots so you did not see the live speed. But during Q3 they were struggling to go over 195mph. What are the top bikes doing now, 225/230mph??

8. Yes but they go round corners a helluva lot quicker!

9. I know that I spend my working life in the car environment at racetracks.
    My point was that I was surprised they peaked out so early !

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If they redevelop mugello for f1 they’ll ruin it like they have every other f1 circuit.

11. The modern f1 cars just don’t have the power of the 2000 era cars.

but they were pulling well over 5G so I’d imagine the cars are running mega downforce

Do Not Sell My Personal Information