1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Dewey Greear, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Purchased this 800SS last month. As you can see it doesn't have any bodywork. So I am setting about converting it (mostly) into a F1 750 Montjuich replica. I have already ordered the correct decals, windscreen, and a few other small parts. Monday morning I will be purchasing the seat and fairings from Airtech. This will be a semi racer with LED headlight hidden away where the oil cooler slot is located in the fairing and a silver number plate where the headlight should be. The rest will be painted red and silver like the factory Montjuich along with red wheels (17'' not 16''). The fuel tank will be from a 91'-98' SS since I already have one and know it will fit New Duc.jpg . I will post updates as the build progresses.......

• Like Like x 4
  2. What the fuck happened to your house there Dewey ???

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terrorist attack from that dreaded Kentucky gang, Hillbilly 13......

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hiya.Keep the updates coming.

5. Fairing pieces and tail section ordered from Airtech. Will be two to three weeks before I receive them. Replica Montjuich decal set is in the mail. Windscreen is back ordered, should arrive in a couple of weeks. Tank was test fitted and will work perfectly. The tank has the sender unit for the fuel pump already in it and I just happen to have a new high pressure fuel pump for the injection system. Might be able to use the race mount I have for the fairing but haven't had the chance to dig it out of the shed, if not I will alter the fairing mount on the bike. Purchased a set of carbon cans for the exhaust but may not use them because they look to modern. Thinking about going with a set of black Bubs which I already have, but might go with stainless, so exhaust is still undecided. After the bodywork arrives I will fit it to the bike and send it off to my painter (David Ford, Coal Grove, Ohio) for Ducati Montjuich Paint scheme in silver and red.........

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave has been painting bikes for me for 25+ years. He does excellent work. Here is a sample of something he did for me..... My SuperSport left side.jpg My SuperSport right side.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. loooking Good,,,painters,,it all about attention to detail and the prep work and you will get a great job:upyeah:

9. I take place in my chair to follow this one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hi,I am busy with an simailar project ( my base is an sport bj. 90, so already with the f1 motor) the main differenc is the standing cilinder head has the inletport to the front ifor the centralised carburator, so i'm looking to change that now
    already have the mavic magnesium rims wit full floater discs, lion ion batery, made some other things in aloy to save weight
    sorry for my englisch , i'm from Belgium

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bodywork has arrived along with everything else. Project will be completed as soon as weather improves. First test fit is shown here. Tank fits and it looks like bodywork will fit without much modification. If I can get a couple of nice days the wheels will come off, new tires will be installed, and wheels will be painted red. 20180303_111442.jpg 20180303_111502.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bodywork has been painted and decals applied. Am in the process of finding a set of M1R forks.

13. I used an fuelpump of an yamaha TRX, the advantage is that its air operated (from the intake manifold) but then, I havean ducati 750 sport with mikuni carbs of an ss900

14. I have a similar fuel pump on my Monster. It won't work on my F1 replica because the engine is fuel injected.

15. My painter kept the bodywork for several months slowing my progress on this build. Finally have the paintwork done and am in the process of adapting a set of right side up forks to the project. Awaiting warmer weather in order to proceed since my shop has no heat......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Need to see more pics please!

17. Well...... as oft times happens my project is stalled momentarily. A couple more projects fell into my lap and I finally finished another. One of the new projects is an 02' 750 SSie. I will finish it and then go back to my F1 replica. I did get the front end together and put tires on the Paso 16' rims. Since I don't have title for the 800SS I will be using another frame. It is a new one I purchased for almost nothing a few years back, no numbers, still in the box. I have a stamp set and a Paso title so it will be titled as a Paso. All the parts are purchased so I just have to get the new frame stamped and painted then it should go together fairly quickly. Hopefully by the end of July at the latest. Here are a few pics of bodywork and front end...... F1 parts ii.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information