1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F18 Carrier Landing -pilots Eye View

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Mar 31, 2018.

1. As a kid I was fortunate to see some sea trials of the harrier on HMS Eagle, this is pilots view of a conventional landing onto an arrestor cable and tail hook

• Like Like x 10
  2. And I thought the Brembos on my 1098R had some bite. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sheeeeeeet...

4. I wonder what speed they approach at?

5. Wow.

The joystick is very dick adjacent.

6. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home smaller that...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Must be such a buzz tearing up the sky in one of those.
    Good share.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Still sat on ya sofa eating fried chicken then?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. that vid only went and reinforced the wee mans desire to join the RAF.

10. If you rode into a steel wire connected to a steam hammer connected to a Nuclear reactor you'd stop pretty quick as well.

11. when I was a young teenager I had a dream of being a fighter pilot.... now I just dream of being able to get in the cock pit....
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Funny you should say that................:eyes: :motorcycleduc: :bomb: :noentry:

13. Wonder what was fuzzed out on the RHS of his instrument panel?

14. Needs to drop his inside shoulder a touch more to get his knee down in that left hand sweep.

The book by Eric ‘winkle’ Brown is an interesting one for carrier landing stories and general teat pilot aviation stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oooft. Wouldn’t want to be taking a sip of tea doing that...

16. All that technology but you cannot beat the good old life saver.

17. Another video followed this on my computer without this window blurred. Don;t know what this data would be though. :thinkingface:

Interesting approach where they circle around tha carrier lowering the altitude to the final appraoch. I wonder if this is to check the deck on the aircraft carrier before landing. You can see another plane high to the RHS before he lands following the same approach. :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 17.24.00.png

18. I reckon it’s map coordinates, they’ll be a bit sensitive to giving out that sort of info

19. Here’s some take offs and low level hooning around :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information