1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Facelift?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Notshortnottall, Jun 17, 2020.

1. I've broken the screen on my 749 and need to order a new one. It seems as though there is a different version for the >2005 model however mine is a '57 plate so obviously a late registration and likely a later model but how can I tell?

• Like Like x 1
  2. The facelift models only had two intakes, one either side of the lower headlamp.
    Also, the screen does not have a fixing bolt at the front centre.

3. Cheers! Never noticed

4. Earlier ones look better..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. On the subject of facelift, can somebody confirm there are some 749’s out there, that came from Ducati with the updated bits and pieces, but also had the old grey rather than red frame and grey rather than black wheels. Presumably they were discounted versus red frame black wheels, to clear old bits.

Online at the moment, there is an 06 reg on gumtree and mine (55 reg). I’ve seen others in the past.

The one person I’ve had interested in buying mine has been scared off by the grey frame.

6. Mine is a 57 plate and has a grey frame it that helps....

7. But has the newer bodywork, black swing arm etc?

8. Yup!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’ve emailed Ducati with the VIN to see if they can confirm the original build.

10. Mines a 05 plate grey frame Red bodywork facelift, black swing arm model.

#10 DucatiScud, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Some quotes below from Nov 2005 - maybe Motorapido could unravel the mystery going by the second quote listed @Android853sp ?

Big-G
    05-Nov-2005, 07:42
    Have a look at Auto Trader now as there are big discounts on 05 749S but with silver frame, not red but with 05 swinging arm etc. Told by more than one dealer that these are heavily discounted models to clear old frames etc. Cost £7999 vs £9700 for std 749s.
    Other on the site are advertising 05 models but are 04 unregistered so be careful to get the new swinger.

ace
    05-Nov-2005, 09:31
    you tried motorapido ? they,ve got a piece in mcn about these 05 silver frame jobbies , butch,s price is about the right mark
    ace

Gizmo
    05-Nov-2005, 10:06
    The silver frame versions look like 04 frames and I noticed the cam belt covers are also the thinner 04 version suggesting they couldnt get the 05 cover to fit, the bodywork and swingarm are 05, weird but still a good buy

Bibjo
    07-Nov-2005, 07:50
    Nick. am new to this forum, but will give you an idea of the deal I have just made with Daytona, Ruislip...bear in mind this is a brand new 2005 749 in red, not the hybrid from Aylesbury, but the 2005 red frame...now I paid less than the Aylesbury price for their hybrids of £7,999, and even less than £7,500...you need to go down and see Chris...mention me...Jo...he will cringe but he is a good guy and will look after you...dont settle for a half breed...the resale value, I would have thought, will be much less than a thoroughbred 2005. Daytona's number is 01895675511...good luck :roll:

12. Interesting comment there about the belt covers. Are they easily distinguishable? I was under the impression all version 749 frames are the same, paint aside.

13. Best to try and find the MCN article referred to. Andy

14. Yellow 54 plate 749 biposto on eBay with the silver frame and updated fairing and swing arm.

15. it looks great even if its a fake S and not a factory mono!

16. has old grey swingarm though

17. Anyone got an answer to this?

18. Later covers are vented and slightly thicker.

19. There’s a minty mint 06 plate facelift Biposto with grey frame and black wheels that looks to have come from Ducati Aylesbury :scream:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information