1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Shift Pro

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Dec 16, 2017.

1. As above....I get the odd false neutral between gears now and again on mine....doesn't really bother me but after searching around on the net last night apparently this is one option (the other being a crankcase split) so I thought I'd try this....

https://motowheels.com/i-11779860-factory-pro-hybrid-ceramic-shift-kit-ducati.html

It'll tie in with next time I service the clutch. I'll put up another thread on the install....anyone else done this mod?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Watching with interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Duly noted....I find that stuff like this gets rarely done....so I thought, what the hell, take a punt....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Interested in this - as my last track day on the 916 i was finding quite a few neutrals! Annoyingly!

5. Well....it's on its way from California at the moment!

6. Interesting. Not convinced but happy to be corrected. Whenever I miss a shift it's due to a lack of positivity. If I'm getting tired on track and concentration starts to go that's when it happens. I'll just casually drop my foot on the lever (race shift) as opposed to a positive quick press (not stamp).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agreed, but, if no one tries it - we're not going to know.... as i said for the hundred quid-ish....i say that but HM tax department might get their oar in yet....

#7 comfysofa, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah I have road pattern shift and did adjust the lever down a bit to get a more positive shift which helped but not eliminate.

9. So "big Chris", the mechanic tells me at Louigi motos, it can be fixed totally but its a crankcase split to do that, so i expect this not to totally sort the problem ( i think 5th going into 6th ) has been a long standing issue with that particular gearbox type (all 3 of my hypers have done it) but if anything it "should" hopefully smooth it out a bit....as i say, ive never really had an issue or problem with it but, if i can improve the feel of the gearbox overall, why not? and, ive gotta take the clutch out to clean and service it so its not that much further in to get to that part....

And, although im not wishing it to happen. When, and if, (and i hope not) something happens that needs to have the motor pulled out ill get it done then...

#9 comfysofa, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  10. Yeah thats what i thought too - i was going to get the engine in the 916 rebuilt / blueprinted anyway as i feel its due. SO i would get it all sorted then - its just funding it as i have too many toys/hobbies that all require bits! Must thin the garage out a bit!!
    Need to stop buying stuff for the Hyper - she's just meant to be the 'daily' - not the special!

11. Stop using these comfy.....
    new-fashion-rivet-boots-women-039-s-boots.jpg

And try these...............:D

55048-sidi-vortice-boots-black-00.jpg

12. That's ironic as I own exactly the second pic..! :)

Saying that the joke is lost on me ( been in work since 6am )....

13. Stop being a big girls blouse and give the shifter a decent firm blokes shove !! :D

14. Ah...right...gay shifting...check...try to be mechanically compassionate if I can...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Woop woop...turned up today and I didn't get fucked by the government for vat...
    20171228_095140.jpg

20171228_095532.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok...all installed. Was in the garage most of the day...so not a chance to test yet...Will test tomorrow. Loads of pics but they're all on my phone so will take a little while to post...plus I'm getting whipped by the kids at cards at the moment...

17. Me too. :) :upyeah:

18. Thanks for the help today Rob. I couldn't shift it no matter what so I had to get it going by sliding a very small thin bladed screwdriver on one side just behind one of the bolt holes but one of the high ones...it's sealed up fine though...

19. Ok...ill break it up a bit...but here we go....done the lot just in case anyone wants to this...strip down...
    20171228_105754.jpg
    Clutch guard off then pressure plate..
    20171228_110818.jpg 20171228_110850.jpg remove stack keeping the plates in order..
    20171228_112000.jpg At this point the holding tool is used..
    20171228_112221.jpg then remove the central nut with a rattle gun..
    20171228_112258.jpg

20. Ok...where were we...next..central part of the clutch out...mines a slipper jobbie so it's gonna be a bit different to a normal clutch, but, just lay the parts out in order... 20171228_112550.jpg
    I put a couple of old bolt in so I could grab them with a couple of pairs of pliers...
    20171228_114214.jpg
    Quick tug and it's out...so at this point there's just the outer drum left...undo the ring of bolts ( red threadlock to reassemble )
    20171228_114244.jpg
    At this point I put a blunt ended screwdriver on the end of one of the outer clutch "blades" tapped with a rubber mallet to rotate it in the housing and came loose easily...
    20171228_124203.jpg
    At this point the cover was well and truly glued on...no matter where I knocked it with the rubber mallet it wouldn't budge, so, I used a thin narrow bladed screw driver and knocked it in just behind the bolt hole just next to and above the oil filler cap. Just a couple of mm movement made it come loose so we can then see the exposed part of the engine and then in turn the part we need to get to...
    20171228_162311.jpg
    Slide this out...
    20171228_162331.jpg

20171228_124203.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information