1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Factory Tools Etc.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by MRL748, May 19, 2019.

1. IMG_4663.JPG Hi,
    Wondering if anyone has any info on what Ducati supplied from factory along with the toolkit. I've seen pix of various bits that seem to compliment the usual red tool pouch but am interested to know what they were.
    I have a '96 748 and I'm one of those daft sods that gets a bit obsessed with detail.
    I have attached a pic that looks complete as per factory but would love to know what the other bits are.
    Hope you can help.
    Many thanks.
    Mark

2. A train spotter will be along in time to answer this one in detail;):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I have no idea what came from the factory. I guess you need tools that you could need on a ride. Everything else belongs in the tool box at home.
    I doubt you'll need to change plugs or adjust the chain on a ride but mine does have those tools. Also included was 3 allen keys and a reversible straight/phillips screwdriver.
    What you'll need is a set of allen keys and some screwdrivers. I also carry a couple of bulbs and fuses. Having got stuck once with a blown fuel pump fuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thanks for your reply.
    I have the complete factory toolkit with all the tools present.
    I'm interested to know what the other bits next to the pouch were.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The red tubes probably hold loose change for those old fashioned telephone boxes when you breakdown at the roadside;)
    .................or gas canisters:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. C5/Semtex? Heroin/cocaine?
    Could be anything. I doubt the additions form part of the factory toolkit.
    Looks like a fuel pump relay too?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I've had my MY99 748 from new and all I got was the pouch with the tools as described by Martin above. I never got the little red Xmas pressies or a spare relay :(. I feel I've been short changed nowo_O

Oh, by the way - Welcome - just noticed you're new on here. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bought mine new and all I got was the red pouch with the tools , no sausage for me . But when you look at the tray it does look like there’s a home for something .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Paul, I appreciate the welcome. That's a really useful reply, especially as you've had it from new. Thank you

10. Thanks Dave. Yep like you say there is a bit of the tray at the back that seems to be for something specific but maybe its just for 'stuff'. Thanks again.

11. IMG_2337.JPG

An original 1996 916 SP3 Tool Kit (supplied with bike) - the black rubber grommet / band is what holds the tool kit in place under the seat unit. Hope this helps...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks Kev, that's really useful, appreciate the trouble you've gone to.

13. I keep my disk lock in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks for the picture. That's really interesting.

I guess everyone has lost that rubber strap by now. I use a very short strap.

I also keep a very small first aid kit along with a little box with a couple of spare ear plugs.

15. The only useful part of the oem toolkit is the c-spanner and teh front axle tool. I still havent figured out what the box spanner is for (on far right of pic).

16. In addition mine has a torx drive key for the screen/fairing bolts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Spark plug socket...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Ah, thanks dukes. I have a proper one. Hence Ive never used it.

19. Mine too. Seems to be the only torx driver capable of undoing the screen screws without damaging them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. It would have been useful if Ducati had included a c spanner that fits the rear shock as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information