1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Fairing Bolts

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Hutch, May 12, 2014.

1. hi hutch.
    i want to change them zinc coated crap ones as well but for stainless steel button head ones. how did you go on with them without the shoulders on? thinking about getting some nylon tube whipped up to take out the slack.

2. Nylon tube would do the job mate... Either that or try finding washers the correct diameter?... The shouldered bolts are direct into the frame so I always pinch them up tighter than the normal bolts into the fairing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've switched to the Dzuz fastners. Much quicker and less faff.

4. I'd go to Dzus as Mary Hinge said, although there is some minor drilling usually required, Curvey Girl in the US seems to be the fave supplier and they are only available steel zinc coated.

If going for corrosion resistance I'd go to Aluminum cheaper and lighter and fine for fairings. Al obviously corrodes but mine have all been fine and not turned rusty or into white powder, which is more than can be said for OEM Duc fasteners.

John

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can buy collars from probolt.

Just got some myself after making up a kit for the Multistrada.

Just buy the applicable m5 or m6 bolt and then add either a 3 or 5mm collar

6. Dont get me started on these fairing bolts. Especially the ones on the heat shield. They liberate themselves a bit too easily for me. Ive now got quite a few spares as I replaced all mine with Alu from CT Moto. I keep a couple in the toolkit under my seat. Note I use the toolkit from my 916 as its actually a toolkit and not the shite that came with the 1198. Chuck a 6/8/10 & 12 mm shorty spanner in amongst it and its a bloody handy toolkit. Oh and a KTM bottleopener spanner thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. went for these in the end. see how it goes...

IMG_0882.JPG

#8 bettes, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  8. How did these go, I'm looking for a set for my 848 in black

9. That was a long time ago, mate. :)
    The fit was good but regretted getting them in red as they stood out too much. I painted them black in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yea sorry abut the age related reply, Im looking for a set in black also... will keep hunting:upyeah:

11. Don’t they do them anymore?CT Moto or Carbon Trader is the same company.

12. Have looked on the ebay page but cant see them...
    Will send them a message :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks, will check it out.

14. I also converted my 1198s to Dzus fasteners in stainless black from Probolt.
    Looks good and a lot quicker to get fairing panels off and on. 20200926_181927.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information