1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Fairing Refitting

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Mattt, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Hi all
    Nearing the end of putting this back together from 6 plastic boxes of loose parts ,never took it apart qnd its my 1st Ducati ,so its been fun at times !
    The side fairings are ready to go back on,just a few questions
    One has a foam rubber pad the other doesnt ,is that normal?
    Ive read theres a few size options on the dzus clips ,one is 1mm shorter and supposedly fits the panels more securely, which ones do i buy and finally how do the bottom edges clip together ?
    Cheers
    Matt

2. For the fasteners, go to CT (carbon trader). They are good quality and a lot cheaper than OEM.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Ok thanks i will check them out
    I have spoke to a place that just sells fasteners and they do the clips in various depths ,i think they are genuine ones as well
    He wasnt 100% sure on depth as he just sells them but not specifically for Ducatis

4. Genuine Ducati Dzus fasteners are different to the "standard" one that many dealers sell. If you want the total OEM look check which ones you want to fit before buying. Needless to say, buying from Ducati is an expensive way to go.

If you still have the OEM ones then you can get them replated.

As for the foam pad, only one panel has it which I is the nearside one. Check the parts manual and it will show the location if you are unsure.

I think you are referring to number 4 is this screen shot.

Capture.JPG

5. I seem to think the last Dzus fasteners I bought for the 748 were 17mm, I do use Dzus to connect the two panels together under the engine but with a screwdriver head so there's nothing protruding to catch.
    Steve

6. @Ash34 , anything worthwhile adding?

7. All my DZus are/were the same size. I replaced my jaded ducati style dzus ones with normal dzus ones.

Use 2 of your old ones for the u/s of the fairings as these get shitty from road dirt real quick. No point putting nice new ones there.

These a foam heat shield on the inside of the rhs fairing, from memory as bike is in garage. If you need anything checking, I'll pop a look at mine. I am also in Surrey. Its a 1998 916.

I agree about CT (carbon trader). Unless you want oem. In which case order from Snells or Craig at Motorapido.

8. Great ,thanks for the replies
    Ive had a good rummage through the boxes and found all the backing clips,the frame mounts too
    Ive found a mixed amount of clips,some back square headed,some goldish colour with a thinner head with small raised wings and some square slotted gold ones too
    Which are the stock standard ones ,its a N reg bike,trying to get it as stock as possible
    Also lastly what bolts hold the 4 frame clips to the frame itself (the brackets hold the rear of the side fairings on)

9. Whereabouts in Surrey are you ,is your bike stock or modded .?

10. Mine is modded. But I still have all oem parts. Im keeping em too. :)

Im nr J6 Godstone junction.

Take a photo of question as I'm unsure what you mean.

11. i've got titanium fastners on the underside of the fairing. As long the D ring is lying flat toward the back of the bike there is little chance of it catching on anything

Do Not Sell My Personal Information